EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Proud of bad MPG (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/proud-bad-mpg-12824.html)

RandomFact314 04-01-2010 09:42 PM

Proud of bad MPG

1 Attachment(s)
http://ecomodder.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1270172519

Unforgiven 04-01-2010 09:49 PM

Heh, a slight sense of humor there. Just think, in about 10 years, the Hummers will be almost extinct as well. lol

jamesqf 04-02-2010 11:51 AM

Yeah, it's like the article I saw a week or two, about someone trying to become the world's fattest woman.

All I can say is where the heck's Darwin when you really need him?

Domman56 04-02-2010 11:54 AM

Hahahah that's funny cause when you floor then the onboard computer really does say 1 MPG

shovel 04-02-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven (Post 168804)
Heh, a slight sense of humor there. Just think, in about 10 years, the Hummers will be almost extinct as well. lol

If people would stop fighting about alternatives and refusing to let any of them prosper, there would be no reason to retire older gas guzzlers because demand for petroleum would ramp down as alternative fuel vehicles & refueling stations enter the marketplace. When demand for petroleum drops, it will have no good reason to be costly and when 90% of the cars on the road are zero emissions there will be no compelling reason to worry about the smog produced by the handful of old "dinosaurs" people are driving around burning dead dinosaur juice. As Leno said, "When the car was invented, it freed horses from a life of hard labor - tomorrow's car will be the savior of today's classic car"

But people always just endlessly naysay about any alternative fuel being offered, and manufacturers don't help things because they seem to think that any time they offer a new technology platform such as hybrid or electric on their cars they have to wrap it in some hideous, dorky looking body and then charge a fortune for it because they want to recoup all the engineering costs of not only the new drivetrain but also a whole new coach to mount it in. Here's an idea auto makers: put your fancypants new drivetrain as an option on your most popular selling existing model of car and use the money you save by NOT developing a whole new car around it, to keep its cost low. Oh, you can't figure out how to make your fancy new drivetrain work correctly in the type of car people are already buying? Well then it's a stupid technology and you need to bake it a bit longer before taking it out of the oven.

shovel 04-02-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domman56 (Post 168879)
Hahahah that's funny cause when you floor then the onboard computer really does say 1 MPG

Yeah that's pretty sweet, you know what else does that (via Scangauge display) ?

My mom's 2001 hyundai accent.

MadisonMPG 04-02-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shovel (Post 168885)
Yeah that's pretty sweet, you know what else does that (via Scangauge display) ?

My mom's 2001 hyundai accent.

Cool story bro. :thumbup:

wagonman76 04-02-2010 08:18 PM

The wife's uncle has this jacked up red Ford pickup with a bumper sticker that says "suckin gas & haulin a$$"

thatguitarguy 04-02-2010 10:37 PM

It's kinda like an "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt minus the "with".

Peter7307 04-06-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shovel (Post 168883)
Here's an idea auto makers: put your fancypants new drivetrain as an option on your most popular selling existing model of car and use the money you save by NOT developing a whole new car around it, to keep its cost low. [/I]

That is what Honda did with the hybrid Civic.
Standard Civic body and hybrid underpinnings and a slight revision of the instruments.
A much more practical and smarter approach.

Peter.

luvit 04-07-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter7307 (Post 169518)
That is what Honda did with the hybrid Civic.
Standard Civic body and hybrid underpinnings and a slight revision of the instruments.
A much more practical and smarter approach.

then they, uh.. made the insight a 5 seater..