Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
You guys are the smartest people that I know! :)

I need to look into being tested for ADD for a third time. When I called for the results the first time I was told that I did not complete the test. I would think that if I pay to take a test they should make sure that I did it right.

The second time I was told that I fit Asperger's more than ADD, but I honestly think that I have both.

Yay.

Four hundred and thirty-five of us took an anatomy test on Tuesday. I finished first with an eighty-three. People assume that I would score higher if I took my time.

I would score higher if I studied more.

I usually pay more attention when I go quickly.

I earned a Bachelor's in Spanish, could not find a job, and ended up in Germany with the Army. They always told us that our service was need-to-know and told us of bad things that happened to our brethren. I seemed to be the only one that followed that policy, as usual. I only mention it now because I think that it is relevant. In the Army everything needed to be done before the order is given.

I came home the end of March and did not see any option other than trying to fit a semester of classes in one summer. It took me eight years to earn a Bachelor's and the only semester that I completed twelve credits was my easiest one. If I completed those classes well enough I could have started my program this semester. Now I am repeating two classes and do not have any idea what I will do until the program starts again next August.

I have an anatomy lab practical next Tuesday. I earned a 33% the first time. If I do not pass this time something will seriously be wrong, but if I do not earn a 3.8 this degree I will not be able to get into my program.

How would you recommend putting my Ecomodder subscriptions on hold? I plan on having my best friend change my World of Warcraft password. I need to figure out how to actually be efficient for eight days.

What suggestions do you guys have?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Crimson Crawler - '04 Hyundai Elantra GLS
90 day: 36.71 mpg (US)
Have a mod put your account on a temporary "suspension" on all the forums you frequent. That'll prevent you from getting anywhere.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
I can ban you (Yes, I'm a moderator).
For a week. Forever. Whatever you wish.

Or we can pick a fight with each other and both of us will get banned. Maybe we can pull someone else into the fight, too

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
Xist (05-31-2016)
Old 09-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 47.95 mpg (US)
I'll get into that fight, can we get a fourth?

I know that everyone is different and learns in different ways, but for me when I did anatomy last year was all about repetition and making the information more than just words/ pictures on a page. The best secret to anatomy is you get the ultimate cheat sheet, YOU! When I was doing bones, muscles, nerves, etc, I would locate them on myself and say them outloud and in my head, while going over origins/ insertions/ innervation. When it came time to do my final, I had a much easier time remembering the names of the muscles because I was able to write my exam the exact same way I studied. Being able to see, feel, flex a muscle helped me memorize it, instead of just seeing it in a book.

I am in my third year of Honours Health Science and did anatomy last year, and that is what helped me get by. It may be worth a try, good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 09-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Interestingly, the specific subscription rules of Ecomodder have helped me--I was not allowed to create an account using Hotmail or Y!. I cannot really explain it, but I have three accounts among those two providers and three Gmail accounts--two for school and one personal that I only used for this site.

So I simply closed the tab.

2000neon, I will try that, thanks!

Piwoslaw, your idea definitely sounds fun. Maybe another time.

I had a Physics test this morning. I tried studying, but I had all kinds of complications come up in my life. I ended up paying $200 to replace a cell phone that seemed to be attempting a premature robot uprising.

Today I learned how to unlock $15 Walmart pre-paid phones.

Blast.

I tried studying for physics, but everything that I found in the book was easy. I think that I figured out the last problem, which should have been worth many points, although that was not specified. However, I miscalculated the gravity on Mars, and I probably used the prescribed format wrong.

Example: In our quiz last week we had the problem "A 7-Newton book is sitting on top of another book [...] How much force is Book One exerting on Book Two and in which direction?"

7N, straight down.

Done.

No, I needed to explain it with a diagram, a short essay, and hand puppets.

4/10, but I had the correct answer.

Honestly, though, all that really matters is:

I finished first!

I stop worrying about tests once I stop working on them. As soon as I turn it in I lose capacity to do anything about it.

I stop caring, too.

Sooner or later I will post about something that happened to my car, but I need to get to class. You guys take care!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
I know what you mean about not enough details in answers, during my first year that happened to me to. Now I use as much detail as possible, even something that is simple and seems lime common sense, I don't take any chances.

It's amazing how much stress you can save by not stressing about what you can't change. As you said, once you hand in a test, there is no need worrying about. I just take note of what I didn't know and begin to study it more for the next exam.

Keep up at it, I'm sure you already know that determination and perseverance are the biggest factors.

Now I have to get going soon too, class from 7-10 tonight.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
The PRC.

I did the same recently, I found the time and the debates I was watching here took a lot of my time, and I got too obsessed. So I went away for a while. Just close your browser, delete the shortcuts and remove your email address or change it to something that is invalid (as the mods did with me).

Then come back when you are done.

Mods - can we have a new forum - Ecomodders Anonymous ?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Arragonis-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
I did the same recently, I found the time and the debates I was watching here took a lot of my time, and I got too obsessed. So I went away for a while. Just close your browser, delete the shortcuts and remove your email address or change it to something that is invalid (as the mods did with me).

Then come back when you are done.

Mods - can we have a new forum - Ecomodders Anonymous ?
I'm glad you're back. You've been a classy debater without rancor towards your fellow fellow.

Xist -

I like the "friend with the password" model. A good friend will be your conscious for just long enough to ace your exams.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 09-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
Ecomodders anonymous . My names is Steve, and I've been researching speed vs. Mpg charts and lean burn....

Old 09-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
The PRC.

Welcome to the group Steve, realising you have a problem is step 1...