EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html)
-   -   Quick aero wipers (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/quick-aero-wipers-23712.html)

AndrzejM 10-16-2012 04:33 PM

Quick aero wipers
 
1 Attachment(s)
You need a wrench and 3 minutes of your time.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1350419447

:thumbup:

Smurf 10-16-2012 04:39 PM

Not bad, looks like it would definitely help some.

Care to elaborate?

AndrzejM 10-16-2012 05:01 PM

It's very simple, you just need to unscrew wiper arms and lower them down to the lowest possible point on the windscreen. That will move wiper blades from the high airflow, at least that works with my Beemer.

freebeard 10-16-2012 09:24 PM

I take it that you are rotating the arm on the shaft. Right?

UltArc 10-16-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebeard (Post 334563)
I take it that you are rotating the arm on the shaft. Right?

If you are on the driver side, it would be left. :)

AndrzejM 10-17-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebeard (Post 334563)
I take it that you are rotating the arm on the shaft. Right?

Exactly :)

spydyr 10-17-2012 01:12 PM

Novel idea, but how does it perform in rain with the adjustments?

AndrzejM 10-17-2012 04:09 PM

It works pretty well. The one and only difference is that unwiped area close to A pillar is slightly wider.

Gealii 10-17-2012 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So what your saying is ( look at attached pic ) if i loosen the blue dotted nut so i can move the wiper arm so the wiper is moved from the purple line to the yellow line then tighten the blue dotted nut back up and i'm done?

serialk11r 10-17-2012 04:37 PM

Oh wow, I'll have to take a look at this next time I have some time. My wipers stick out like crazy. Thanks!

AndrzejM 10-17-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gealii (Post 334734)
So what your saying is ( look at attached pic ) if i loosen the blue dotted nut so i can move the wiper arm so the wiper is moved from the purple line to the yellow line then tighten the blue dotted nut back up and i'm done?

That's right! You just need to check if arm won't hit the edge of the bonnet or if the wipers won't come out the windscreen because it will destroy the rubber part.

Gealii 10-17-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrzejM (Post 334744)
That's right! You just need to check if arm won't hit the edge of the bonnet or if the wipers won't come out the windscreen because it will destroy the rubber part.

ok thanks i plan on removing the very weak wiper cowl that came from the factory to add more room and replace it with a coro wiper cowl on top of this
and i don't think the passenger wiper could go much further down without removing it.

ChazInMT 10-17-2012 05:55 PM

If people live in England do they have to adjust it the other way from the other side?

fusion210 10-17-2012 06:57 PM

I did similar but wasn't 100% satisfied.
I have a first generation Dodge neon and noticed how much nicer the second gen neon wipers looked. Not only was the paint better, but they're angled instead of straight. Less than $4 at a junkyard, success!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...percomparo.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by spydyr (Post 334679)
Novel idea, but how does it perform in rain with the adjustments?

Mine clear all but a finger's length of windshield on the driver's side. Flawless in the rain, but when it's dirty you can see the dirt it hasn't cleared.

Since it's free, I really recommend it.

AndrzejM 10-18-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChazInMT (Post 334752)
If people live in England do they have to adjust it the other way from the other side?

Yup :)

AndrzejM 10-18-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusion210 (Post 334761)
I did similar but wasn't 100% satisfied.
I have a first generation Dodge neon and noticed how much nicer the second gen neon wipers looked. Not only was the paint better, but they're angled instead of straight. Less than $4 at a junkyard, success!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...percomparo.jpg



Mine clear all but a finger's length of windshield on the driver's side. Flawless in the rain, but when it's dirty you can see the dirt it hasn't cleared.

Since it's free, I really recommend it.

I want to do a similar thing. I'm thinking of making a custom wiper arms, that are much lower and angled for better aero performance. Then it's pretty easy to make wipers work on the whole windscreen, you just need to shorten main lever on the wipers mechanism. But that will be in the future, for now I'm pretty satisfied with my setup.

serialk11r 10-27-2012 08:40 PM

Did this mod today, seems pretty good. Thanks!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com