EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   Quick Question on MPGuino Install (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/quick-question-mpguino-install-26035.html)

Shortie771 06-01-2013 02:37 AM

Quick Question on MPGuino Install

Got my MPGuino a few days ago and finally have the time to install it tomorrow. Everything from what I have read seems pretty straight forward. Attach power (always on), good ground, vehicle speed sensor and injector. What confuses me is that what I read says to unplug all of the injector connectors and use the one with NO voltage. Does that mean use a negative wire or does that mean that 1 of my 4 injectors will literally show no voltage when I put the key into the "run" position?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I would just rather have everything figured out before I start running wires and pulling my dash apart.

Thanks,
Andrew

meelis11 06-01-2013 04:41 AM

It means that select/pick any injector you want to connect, there should be two wires. Now test those two wires and take the one which has no voltage.
I have made my connections near ECU or instrument cluster so there is only one wire per injector.

Meelis

Shortie771 06-02-2013 04:03 AM

Thank you for your help. I successfully managed to install the MPGuino this afternoon and it seems to be working fine. After a few tanks of calibration everything should be great. I only have 1 issue with this thing. I payed extra money to get a red one (like in the pictures I've seen) and the one I got turned out to be orange... Kind of bummed about that :(

JellyBeanDriver 06-03-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shortie771 (Post 374268)
Thank you for your help. I successfully managed to install the MPGuino this afternoon and it seems to be working fine. After a few tanks of calibration everything should be great. I only have 1 issue with this thing. I payed extra money to get a red one (like in the pictures I've seen) and the one I got turned out to be orange... Kind of bummed about that :(

Who was the vendor for your 'red' MPGuino?

Shortie771 06-03-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBeanDriver (Post 374394)
Who was the vendor for your 'red' MPGuino?

Got mine from here

meelis11 06-03-2013 03:36 AM

Hi,
It is same screen like in this picture in my gallery.
http://mpguino.wiseman.ee/static/fil...screen_red.jpg

I am sorry if you are not satisfied with it.
Maybe I should write that on my web that it is more like orange-red, not red?

It is not pure red, little bit orange-red. first I looked too that it is not red, it is orange, but when it is installed in my car, it blends pretty well with other instrument cluster red lights. But I can say that it has best brightness and visibility compared to other red displays I have tested. Much brighter (I have actually turned brightness down in software, otherwise voltage regulator got too hot and it was drawing too much current).

Meelis

Shortie771 06-04-2013 02:47 AM

Yes, it is a bit more orange than red. I agree the brightness is excellent on it. I really would have liked a true red MPGuino but I'm sure it would have been a bit more dim. Honestly I am just happy that I finally have one and I am not going to nitpick over it.

yarisyeti 05-08-2014 02:15 PM

meelis11

If I buy a kit from you, can I access the computer and edit the program on it?

meelis11 05-09-2014 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarisyeti (Post 423682)
meelis11

If I buy a kit from you, can I access the computer and edit the program on it?

Hi,
pm sent. Yes I can give my code for customers.
You cannot connect it directly to computer, you need arduino for programming and then put microchip back to mpguino.
My new version includes ICSP header (you can program microchip in-circuit using programmer) and serial interface pins (you can use serial-usb module)

Meelis