EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Rain-X Car Wash Soap (Advance Auto Parts ) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/rain-x-car-wash-soap-advance-auto-parts-31870.html)

Iexpedite 05-03-2015 09:40 AM

Rain-X Car Wash Soap (Advance Auto Parts )

Advance Auto Parts has Rain-X Spot Free Car Wash (48-oz.) for $10.49 - $10.49 Mail-In Rebate = Free with free in-store pickup. Note: Rebate is in the form of an Advance Auto Parts Gift Card.

I was able to order online and pick up in store for a total cost of 11.43 which makes the final cost 44 cents. The rebate is processed online so no stamps to take away from your rebate.

Advance Auto Parts: Car, Engine, Batteries, Brakes, Replacement, Performance & Accessories

user removed 05-03-2015 01:41 PM

I used Dove dish washing liquid, on my car and in the shower for myself. Dirt cheap and it does nice cutting grease. I have used rain-x on my windshield for over 40 years.

regards
mech

mwilliamshs 05-07-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Mechanic (Post 477857)
I used Dove dish washing liquid, on my car...

Hope you waxed the car afterward!

user removed 05-07-2015 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwilliamshs (Post 478384)
Hope you waxed the car afterward!

When I was young I removed all of the chrome off my 1967 Barracuda, even the bumpers, waxed the car and reinstalled the chrome. Soap and water would bead up and run off.

A garage helps a lot.

I cleaned buffed and waxed the Sentra when I got it, but I have not washed it now in months since the paint is mostly trashed anyway.

regards
mech

mwilliamshs 05-07-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Mechanic (Post 478405)
When I was young I removed all of the chrome off my 1967 Barracuda, even the bumpers, waxed the car and reinstalled the chrome. Soap and water would bead up and run off...

Yeah that's how wax works (the beading up and running off). A thorough prep and application makes everything better be it paint, wax, lipstick on a pig...

Quote:

...A garage helps a lot...

With most things.

Quote:

...I cleaned buffed and waxed the Sentra when I got it, but I have not washed it now in months since the paint is mostly trashed anyway...

Yeah I was just saying I hope you gave it a good wax after washing it with a strong, degreasing soap like dish detergent as it'll strip all the protection off the surface and make the paint, clear coat, (whatevers on top) succumb to UV light and flake off much faster than if it were protected by a wax. I use dish detergent regularly to remove tar and other nasties from painted surfaces. Just gotta put a protective layer of wax on afterward or the paint's fair game for serious damage and the next round of filth will be embedded much deeper and take a lot more work to remove.