Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2009, 01:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Huge Savings On Restaurant Gift Certificates - Ends Nov. 1

I picked this up off a thread from priuschat.com and thought I'd post it over here for anyone looking for a great deal on local restaurant gift certificates...really great deals. I picked up $175 worth of GC's for $12...yeah...not kidding...$12. It's a special coupon code that you enter when you checkout...and it expires Nov. 1. Read below for instructions...

Go to restaurant.com and enter your zip code or any zip code in the US. You can choose to view registered restaurants within 1-30 miles of your entered zip code. Select the dollar amount gift certificate you want at each restaurant (you will not see the discounted rate yet) and add them to your shopping cart. When you have finished shopping click checkout and enter the word APE in the coupon code box. You will see the discounted rates of $25 GC's for $2 and $50 GC's for $4. After you enter your credit card info you then print the gift certificates right from your computer.

Most of the restaurants have minimum requirements to use the GC's you buy but it usually works out to about a 2 for 1 entree after you use the GC...at least the ones I bought. My fiance and I got some great deals to local restaurants we love and also to a few that we've been wanting to check out. This special coupon code expires at 11:59pm on Saturday, October 31 so this is a one day deal only.

Here's the link to restaurant.com if you want to check it out. Enjoy!

http://www.restaurant.com/

Last edited by Matt Herring; 10-31-2009 at 01:29 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Herring For This Useful Post:
Christ (10-31-2009)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-31-2009, 02:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Too bad I don't go out that much, I'd probably look into it more. Seems that not too many restaurants around me are dealing with them... Corning seems to be the closest, maybe some in Williamsport.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Too bad I don't go out that much, I'd probably look into it more. Seems that not too many restaurants around me are dealing with them... Corning seems to be the closest, maybe some in Williamsport.
Yeah...I searched a few zip codes in PA since I go back once in awhile but the closest one to Towanda was the Wyalusing Motel...I'll pass. Up here in Boston though there's over 100 options and I picked up coupons for a bunch of places.

I have read that restaurant.com always offers $25/$50/$100 coupons at the price of $10/$25/$50 but as the month nears its end those savings increase up to 80-90% off if you can get the codes. I just happened to catch the special code on the priuschat.com thread on the next to the last day to the month (hence the 90% savings)!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I thought about getting some for a few places in South/Central PA, but meh... we still just won't use them, I'm sure. It's only $16 for the ones I was thinking about getting, but then there's at least another $10 that I have to spend for each certificate, making the cost $14, and they're places that like to add a tip whether they deserve it or not (which I don't agree with...), making the bill higher, etc...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Too bad restaurants never has any of the local restaurants, mainly because there really aren't any chains here except McCrapnalds and Booger Fling, and the red lobster and olive gardens are quite a ways.

Ah well its expired anyway.

Reply  Post New Thread