EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   RECORD 114.5 miles EOC in town = 44.6 mpg this tank! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/record-114-5-miles-eoc-town-44-6-a-5383.html)

ATaylorRacing 10-03-2008 04:14 PM

RECORD 114.5 miles EOC in town = 44.6 mpg this tank!

The town I live in is Kokomo, IN and is nick named stop light city. The so called by pass is 7 miles and has 13 stop lights. By the time you get to the speed limit it is time to slow down for traffic and the next light....which for me works out about perfect for EOC. By the time I hit 45 I have to slow down for traffic and the next light. This tank of fuel in my 96 Geo Metro 3 banger covered a total of 426.2 miles on 9.553 gallons! I use a counter that I keep track of how far I coast...a record 114.5 miles. When I bought this car on July 23rd and drove it home from Columbus, OH (nearly 200 miles) it got 46 mpg. Since then I have taken out 70 lbs, changed the plug wires, cap, and rotor and have gotten as much as 57.0 highway at 55-60 mph. I don't know if I EVER will do the speed limit of 55 to see what it can do.:D

I have now put over 6000 miles on it in that I use it as a delivery truck for 79-08 Mustang rims that I sell. I can put 8 rims with mounted tires in it, 5 in the back seat, 2 where the passenger seat used to be and one in the hatch area. A set of 4 is just shy of 100 lbs.....and no, I have not drag raced it...yet!:thumbup:

SVOboy 10-03-2008 04:28 PM

Time to fill out a fuel log, ;)

Congrats!

groar 10-03-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing (Post 65035)
This tank of fuel in my 96 Geo Metro 3 banger covered a total of 426.2 miles on 9.553 gallons!

Congrats :thumbup:

As SVOBoy says, you should fill your fuel log. The community needs such good results as much as possible.
Thanks for sharing your result and your story.

Quote:

I use a counter that I keep track of how far I coast...a record 114.5 miles.
How do you do that ?
I tried to do that mentally with my odometer when I coast in neutral, but I'm not good enough to do 2 things at the same time ;)

Denis.

Daox 10-03-2008 05:57 PM

Congrats. I agree with the others, fill out a gas log! :)

cfg83 10-03-2008 06:21 PM

ATaylorRacing -

This is great news. I always like the "front passenger seat delete" mod. Lower weight + increased cargo volume.

CarloSW2

ATaylorRacing 10-04-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groar (Post 65044)
Congrats :thumbup:

How do you do that ?
I tried to do that mentally with my odometer when I coast in neutral, but I'm not good enough to do 2 things at the same time ;)

Denis.

I have a short term memory, but I have bought one of those counters that when you push the button it will keep track of how many times you push it. When I shut off the motor I look at the odometer and I KNOW I can memorize the 1/10th digit....then look again when I pop the clutch or if a stop when I restart it. Around here it is from .1 to .4 miles mostly, but on longer trips I can coast for over a mile depending on speed, traffic, and terrain. On long flat trips I usually coast about 5% of the distance. I do not do pulse and glide because it takes as long to regain the speed I was at as to what I coasted.....a steady speed works the best on my car on flat land.

ATaylorRacing 10-04-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 65060)
ATaylorRacing -

This is great news. I always like the "front passenger seat delete" mod. Lower weight + increased cargo volume.

CarloSW2

The passenger seat is the majority of the 70 lbs that I took out. It was 32 lbs. My best FE was when I was delivering a set of 17x9 Mustang rims to the south middle area of OH. That was 92 lbs. My previous best was another set to roughly te same area....55.0 going, BUT only 42 on the way back at near 80 mph!

ATaylorRacing 10-04-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 65059)
Congrats. I agree with the others, fill out a gas log! :)

My computer time is very limited, I might get around to it, but even now my 2 year old demands my time....try having a 2 year old son when your 57 and you'll find that you have lost all your free time!:eek:

Will 10-05-2008 04:31 AM

Having lived in Fort Wayne, IN I have been through Kokomo, and that is a hell of an achievement with all the stop lights you have in that town. It always looks like Christmas there. All those red and green lights!!! Good Job.

1337 03-04-2009 02:16 AM

ATaylorRacing-

Ever think of setting up a franchise in Illinois? I know a lot of Mustang owners who have sad-looking wheels...