EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   Recovered lost mpg finally (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/recovered-lost-mpg-finally-28488.html)

TheEnemy 03-18-2014 09:53 PM

Recovered lost mpg finally

Not so much of a success, but I finally found the cause of the loss of MPG I got several years ago.

Apparently the O2 sensors were gradually going bad, not bad enough to set codes directly, but bad enough that it was causing problems with clogging the EGR system.

I changed them out a few weeks ago, but hadn't had a chance to do a good run to see what the economy was like.

So today I had to drive to Albuquerque, 80+ miles one way, it was definitely not optimal conditions, the way up I had straight on headwinds in the 40-50mph range, on the way back they had largely died off.

But still 163miles +8% for tire size burned 6.7 gallons for 26.27mpg... which is back to what I used to get several years ago. I have been getting in the 24-26mpg range, so its still not outside the realm of error, but it was definitely driving better.

dmafanp 03-18-2014 10:42 PM

you own 3 trucks

TheEnemy 03-19-2014 01:41 AM

One truck, one weekend toy, one suv minivan type thing (wife's), and a hot rod (not listed)

justme1969 03-19-2014 07:22 AM

thank you!

Everyone gets it wrong . a jeep is a jeep! unless it has a pickup bed then it may be called a truck. if its long and shaped like a station wagon its a wagon regardless of lift kits and 4wd. And as always a truck has a bed and/or has a fifth wheel.
Now see all the crying to come about station wagons LOL.

digital rules 03-19-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEnemy (Post 415966)
. . . one suv minivan type thing (wife's). . . .

Too funny, I love it!!

Joggernot 03-19-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEnemy (Post 415950)
So today I had to drive to Albuquerque, 80+ miles one way, it was definitely not optimal conditions, the way up I had straight on headwinds in the 40-50mph range, on the way back they had largely died off.

Glad to learn that NM hasn't changed in the three years since I left.

Also glad to learn about the O2 sensors. I may need to change them in the Accord as it's getting to the 250k mile mark.

Oceanic815 03-21-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justme1969 (Post 415973)
Everyone gets it wrong . a jeep is a jeep! unless it has a pickup bed then it may be called a truck. if its long and shaped like a station wagon its a wagon regardless of lift kits and 4wd. And as always a truck has a bed and/or has a fifth wheel.

But... my Jeep is a Jeep and it has a bed as a truck... it's a Jeep truck. :)

deejaaa 03-21-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justme1969 (Post 415973)

wow!