EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   Regarding the free Hypermiling Safety Decal (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/regarding-free-hypermiling-safety-decal-4884.html)

GoodPress4Hypermiling 09-01-2008 10:05 PM

Regarding the free Hypermiling Safety Decal

Greetings,

First we'd like to thank all the forum members who have ordered one of our free safety decals.

If you have ordered one, please be aware of the following:

We have pulled the old decal and are printing a new one. The new one looks like this:
http://www.hypermilingfoundation.org...ypermiling.jpg

We received a lot of feedback about the original tag line "Lawful Hypermiling". Much of that feedback was negative (a lot of hypermilers thought it implied that it meant that there were also "Un-Lawful Hypermilers"). We didn't want to argue that fact, so we took advantage of the opportunity to create a better, more widely acceptable tag line (Smart - Safe - Lawful). We at the Safety Foundation are actually happy about the change. The downside is that we are re-printing the decals right now and they aren't due to be delivered to our offices until the second week of September.

We want everyone who has ordered a decal to know that as soon as the new decals arrive, we will mail them out to their recipients. We appreciate everyone's patience, and more importantly, everyone's embracing of the tenets that we are promoting along with your support of how we're going about it.

If you have not yet ordered a free decal, please do so soon. We probably can't afford to give away these expensive decals for free forever.

You can order your free Hypermiling Safety decal at: Lawful Hypermiling - Free Safety Decal Order Page

Thank you again, and safe driving to all.

Regards,
The board of the Hypermiling Safety Foundation
http://www.HypermilingFoundation.org

Unforgiven 10-02-2008 04:21 PM

Nice, might have to order when I am a bit better at doing the hypermiling tricks! Good luck.

whokilledthejams 10-02-2008 11:06 PM

There, I finally got around to ordering one.

I'm doing pretty well. People tend to drive pretty slow (and I have access to backwoods roads) where I live, so my hypermiling isn't disruptive, but I can't resist an opportunity to advertise a bit.

Yes, I should order an ecomodder sticker or two, if there are any that go outside of windows yet.

TomO 10-03-2008 11:30 AM

Ordered mine today, thanks for the update!

Ford Man 10-05-2008 07:38 PM

Ordered mine several weeks ago, but haven't received it yet.

holypaulie 10-24-2008 04:02 PM

Has anyone received those stickers yet? I'm still waiting.

wikityler 10-24-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holypaulie (Post 69059)
Has anyone received those stickers yet? I'm still waiting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Man (Post 65405)
Ordered mine several weeks ago, but haven't received it yet.

ditto.

metroschultz 10-25-2008 12:26 AM

what he said

Johnny Mullet 10-27-2008 08:42 AM

Still waiting and ordered beginning of September.

TomO 10-28-2008 11:17 AM

Haven't received mine yet and ordered 10-3-08 :(

Ford Man 10-28-2008 01:50 PM

I had almost forgot I even ordered one until I saw the thread again and it reminded me. The original poster only has 2 posts since becoming a member looks like he may have forgot about ecomodders and the decals.

thefirebuilds 10-28-2008 04:02 PM

still havent seen mine.

holypaulie 11-03-2008 12:16 PM

Here is their respond after asking if there is a problem:
"Thanks for contacting us. Yes, we do have a problem with the decals, they are coming apart when cars drive through car washes. We sent out an email several weeks ago notifying everyone of the problem (and recalling all the decals). Were sorry you did not receive the notice for some reason.

We will contact you as soon as the new decals are printed and tested. We’re sorry for the delay. Thank you for your patience."

TomO 11-03-2008 12:29 PM

Thanks for the update holypaulie! I guess I never got the email from them.

zjrog 11-03-2008 02:23 PM

Well, I just ordered mine, will see if I get one. And yes, I'll put it on my Grand Cherokee... Right next to land use and club stickers.

Man, I need to update my mileage soon...

99metro 11-06-2008 10:35 AM

I got that email too. I have some window cling paper that I bought at one of the "office" stores (depot or max, can't remember), so I think I might make my own. Not sure how well it will show up through tinted windows though, or how long it will last with UV rays hitting it. Only one way to find out...

Sean T. 11-06-2008 10:57 AM

I just got an email a couple days ago saying that they need to reprint all of them because they "dissolve" in car washes....

Stupid me.. I deleted the email :(

But I never even contacted them with a question or anything. They sent the email automatically as a courtesy, so I don't think they forgot about us. I think they just can't figure out what keeps going wrong.

metroschultz 11-07-2008 12:11 PM

I got the same e-mail.
I replied to that by asking them to make a printable page, so we can (legally) print our own. (I may have already printed some accidentally)
S.

zjrog 04-13-2009 06:39 PM

Anyone ever get one?

SVOboy 04-13-2009 06:46 PM

Well, that's not good press for hypermiling, :p

Ford Man 04-13-2009 07:19 PM

I remember getting an email several months ago saying they were not even sure they were going distribute the decals anymore because of the cost involved. Sounds like they were really dedicated to the cause of saving fuel.

Sean T. 04-13-2009 09:50 PM

I never got one :(

Christ 04-13-2009 09:51 PM

You could all make your own decals... window vinyl isn't that expensive and with some artistic skills, you could easily display your hypermiling intentions for the world to see with a personal touch added!

99metro 04-14-2009 04:59 AM

Me neither. But (off the record), I use it's "likeness" for my USA Today comment icon...