EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Request for Garage section (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/request-garage-section-29731.html)

101Volts 08-13-2014 10:51 PM

Request for Garage section

I just bought a car and made a profile for it and put the fill-up information in. However, This is literally the first fill-up I ever had in the car. I didn't know how long it had been since it was last filled up or if there was any information to put in so I just put 275 miles in which I do not think is right. So my request is that a "Miles Unknown" option be added to the Fill-Up section for such times, not to encourage laziness but simply because this is my very first fill-up in the car and I believe others can benefit from this too.

2000mc 08-14-2014 02:24 AM

if i just bought a car, i would fill it, but not track that fill. you could also go back after several tanks and readjust the mileage you already entered to be inline with your average of subsequent tanks, and just note that in the details section

Gasoline Fumes 08-14-2014 07:33 AM

I'm not sure why you'd log the first fill, the data is useless. You could adjust the miles to get your MPG to match the 18 MPG EPA combined rating. That will give you an official starting point. The number would be 219.9 miles. Or just delete the entry.

101Volts 08-14-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gasoline Fumes (Post 440071)
I'm not sure why you'd log the first fill, the data is useless. You could adjust the miles to get your MPG to match the 18 MPG EPA combined rating. That will give you an official starting point. The number would be 219.9 miles. Or just delete the entry.

The point is to track the gallons put in and the money put in, not MPG.

Gasoline Fumes 08-14-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101Volts (Post 440073)
The point is to track the gallons put in and the money put in, not MPG.

Now I get it! I only log for the MPG numbers, so that didn't occur to me.

101Volts 08-14-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gasoline Fumes (Post 440074)
Now I get it! I only log for the MPG numbers, so that didn't occur to me.

Yeah, I was hoping to do it so I literally have records in-part. Without the initial fill-up (even without MPG tracked) I don't have a starting point for the money or gallons used that I put in.

101Volts 02-28-2015 05:27 PM

I still think this would be a good idea.

Also, another one: In the "Trips" section could we get a "MPG unknown" option? Sometimes I like to put trips in but some of the cars I drive have engines without MPG readout capability.

jcp123 02-28-2015 05:44 PM

If I don't know the actual miles, I just omit the entry. I do this for the personal pleasure of good MPG numbers, the cost is already lower than I'd otherwise be paying had I kept driving the Mustang. If the cost thing is what you're really tracking, then yes, something like that would be useful.

Sven7 03-08-2015 08:35 PM

Why not note the amount you spent at the pump on your first full tank entry? Just add in the comment section something like, "I spent $35 on last tank but don't know the mileage." Or, figure out how far that money would have taken you, and adjust your full tank numbers accordingly, neatly squeezing 1-1/2 tanks into one entry. I don't see the need to add more complexity if it's only going to help you for one single (and incomplete) fuel log entry.

101Volts 03-21-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven7 (Post 470950)
Why not note the amount you spent at the pump on your first full tank entry? Just add in the comment section something like, "I spent $35 on last tank but don't know the mileage."

You know what, that could work. Thanks.