EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   For Sale: Aerodynamic Civic. HEAVILY MODDED. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/sale-aerodynamic-civic-heavily-modded-8433.html)

AndrewJ 05-18-2009 07:20 PM

For Sale: Aerodynamic Civic. HEAVILY MODDED.

Yup, that's right she's for sale.
I need a truck for my little organic farming venture, and the civic's been sitting around the driveway too much lately.
So, if anyone of you folks want a cheap project car that you won't have to feel bad about making any uglier, this is it.

I've achieved 72.8mpg with this car, and I'm not to terribly skilled a driver. Here in Missouri my mileage has been worse, but you can still expect to get into the 55-60mpg range in the summer. Once you get back out of state, to more hypermiler-friendly non-ethanol gasoline, you can fully expect the MPG's to go up. (see my fuel-log in my profile for details)

The stats:
1994 Honda Civic CX
1.5L SOHC (non-vtec) engine (same as CRX HF)
5-speed manual transmission (same as VX)
317,000 miles.
Drivers and Passenger airbags
Interior is in very good shape for it's age.

New parts within the last 18 months:
2 new tires
Deep cycle battery
water pump
head gasket
timing belt
alternator belt

Mods (at least all the ones I can remember):
Engine kill switch
Deep cycle battery
Voltmeter
Integrated battery charger
MPGuino
Engine block heater
Hot air intake
Radiator fan "on" indicator light
Dash-mounted grille-opening-control
Smooth wheel covers (on front wheels)
Rear wheel skirts
Grille block
Mirror delete with interior "blind spot" mirrors
Full boat tail
Partial rear belly pan
Side skirts

I'm hoping to get this car to someone else who'll enjoy it as much as I have, an I'm only wanting to get back what I initially put into it, an entire $1000.

So if you've any interest, let me know.

-Andrew

*edit* - I totally forgot the pics.

So here they are:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/P5170038.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/P5170039.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/P5170040.jpg

MetroMPG 05-18-2009 08:35 PM

Wow! Someone's got a chance to get a real performer for $1k.

Good luck, Andrew. Hope someone here picks it up.

jmf 05-18-2009 08:43 PM

If it wasn't so far away i might be interested. It would be fun to see what you get for mileage with a VTEC in it.

justin

Intrigued 05-18-2009 09:05 PM

Student loan, anyone???

Oh, man! Someone loan me 1000 bucks until I get out of school!!!

...if I wasn't already so deep into my credit cards I'd use them! :D

EDIT: Did you get tired of the front air dam getting smacked???

Ferr3t 05-18-2009 10:34 PM

Someone's going to get a great bargain. Wish I had the extra cash at the moment. But hey, if you ever need a farm-hand over the summer (not sure where you'll be doing the it) I live in Columbia. Good luck :)

TomO 05-19-2009 10:20 AM

I see the potential for AerocivicII for the next person that buys this. Good luck on the sale Andrew.

AndrewJ 05-19-2009 12:22 PM

Well, I didn't so much get tired of the airdam. I wish I still had it, but it had an unfortunate interaction with a rutted driveway in which it got completely ripped off.

Sadly, I didn't have enough remaining ABS to make another one.

Ryland 05-20-2009 01:05 AM

why are you selling it just to get a truck? i've hauled and towed with my civic and still got 39mpg, twice what the ford ranger that my parents have gets.

Clev 05-20-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 105265)
why are you selling it just to get a truck? i've hauled and towed with my civic and still got 39mpg, twice what the ford ranger that my parents have gets.

Agreed. Europeans haul travel trailers with small cars.

AndrewJ 05-20-2009 11:20 AM

I can't exactly go to the municipal compost facility and have them load up my civic. That and hauling straw bales, veggies to the farmers market and all of that. I'm all for people cutting down on truck use (I'm looking for a little 4cyl 2wd toyota, not a big full-size truck), but a car just won't cut it on the farm.

alohaspirit 05-20-2009 04:29 PM

i wish you good luck on your sale

your thread was one of the things that let me to this site

its just one of those things that make this place "ecomodders"

i hope whoever gets it continues to post updates

(i was also wondering what happened to the front dam, thanks for clearing it up)

basjoos 05-20-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 105133)
I see the potential for AerocivicII for the next person that buys this. Good luck on the sale Andrew.

Its most of the way there. All you would need to do is complete the belly pan, add rear wheel and muffler boattails, front and rear wheel spoilers, inner side skirts, front wheel well skirts, and a nosepiece with integrated driver adjustable radiator inlet, and you'll have a close match for my car. Just imagine, 90+ mpg cruising at 65mph on the interstate and people everywhere taking pictures of your car. It could be yours for a grand.

igo 05-20-2009 11:47 PM

$1000 is a great price. I hope whoever buys it appreciates the work you put into it.

TomO 05-21-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basjoos (Post 105397)
Its most of the way there. All you would need to do is complete the belly pan, add rear wheel and muffler boattails, front and rear wheel spoilers, inner side skirts, front wheel well skirts, and a nosepiece with integrated driver adjustable radiator inlet, and you'll have a close match for my car. Just imagine, 90+ mpg cruising at 65mph on the interstate and people everywhere taking pictures of your car. It could be yours for a grand.

I soo wish I had the room in the garage for this. Alas, I have no room for another car, I don't even have room for a car with a boattail, lol.

Someone in MN near me buy this so I can help them work on it and live vicariously through them.

AndrewJ 05-22-2009 09:59 AM

Hmmm...
I DO have a brother who lives in MPLS. He's even down here visiting the family for a week or two...

rjacob 05-22-2009 11:45 AM

Darn! I wish I lived closer! Only $1000. I wonder if you wait for the gas prices to go up again (which they are), if you couldn't get more. Especially if you advertised the gas mileage!

Come to think of it, I wonder if it would even fit in my garage with the boattail.

TomO 05-22-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewJ (Post 105696)
Hmmm...
I DO have a brother who lives in MPLS. He's even down here visiting the family for a week or two...

there ya go! sell it to him and have him drive it back and get a hold of me. I even have a spare D15Z1 that we can throw in there and get him 100+ mpg.

superchow 05-22-2009 03:56 PM

We can't "really" afford it, but I even got my wife's blessing! BUT - Columbia, MO is over 2,000 miles from western Washington. Too much... just... too... much...

Weren't you in northern California last year? My wife would have been OK to drive down there... oh - so close.

But just for the sake of information: anything that is wrong with it? (My wife made me ask... :rolleyes:) What items would need replacing in the next 10,000 miles for example? Tire tread depth? Brakes? Clutch? How often was the oil changed? Previous owners?

The next owner will be a lucky person... good luck finding a new home for your ride. :thumbup:

basjoos 05-22-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjacob (Post 105716)
Come to think of it, I wonder if it would even fit in my garage with the boattail.

Mine is just a tad over 15 feet long, about the length of a mid-sized SUV. If you can fit a Ford Explorer in your garage, a boattailed Civic hatchback will fit.

MetroMPG 05-22-2009 05:57 PM

Andrew: I'll blog this up and put it on the front page next week if you haven't sold it.

energy0uth 06-02-2009 01:59 PM

wow....I thought it said Columbia, MD you were about to have a sale.

glws it is a great deal for a civic even with mods or without

Blue Bomber Man 06-28-2009 02:11 AM

If it's sold yet, I may be considering a road trip to pick up this baby! ;)

SVOboy 06-28-2009 03:42 AM

I cant believe I never saw this...Only 1k? I want.

RandomFact314 07-02-2009 12:44 AM

I'll trade you my neon for it ;)

ericbecky 07-02-2009 06:22 PM

Someone please bring this to Hybridfest Green Drive Expo so we can sell it!
I'm sure someone would want to buy it.

At the very least the ecomodder booth should have some print outs identifying that it's for sale!

SVOboy 07-03-2009 12:45 AM

I am sure we can do that much, though Andrew might not want to drive the 9 hours up there :)

basjoos 07-03-2009 06:44 AM

It would be interesting seeing the only two boattailed Civics in existence side by side at Green Drive Expo.

SVOboy 07-03-2009 08:59 AM

I PM'd andrew to tell him to come, who knows if he'll have time though. I will also offer to drive him back down to Columbia if the car sells at the show :)

Nden 07-12-2009 02:00 PM

available still ?

dylanu 07-27-2009 12:57 AM

I live in Charlotte, NC and I'll buy it!

buckshot 10-31-2009 01:19 AM

Aerocivic

Did you sell this great car?

Don Buckshot
Roeland Park, Ks (Kansas City)

bmten 11-03-2009 01:00 PM

Did you sell your car? Is it street legal?

Thank you in advance,

Craig McManus
334-828-1024

Sean T. 11-19-2009 01:19 AM

Whatever happened to the car!?!?!?

I read over 35 pages of mods and then discussion of sale... all bringing me to a big stinky dead ending thread :(

Domman56 12-13-2009 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewJ (Post 105163)
Well, I didn't so much get tired of the airdam. I wish I still had it, but it had an unfortunate interaction with a rutted driveway in which it got completely ripped off.

Sadly, I didn't have enough remaining ABS to make another one.

heey question sorry i know it's TOOOOTALLY off topic but i'm new to the forum i notice the little green things that say how far above the EPA rated MPG you are I was wondering how you get those under your posts

Piwoslaw 12-13-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domman56 (Post 147144)
heey question sorry i know it's TOOOOTALLY off topic but i'm new to the forum i notice the little green things that say how far above the EPA rated MPG you are I was wondering how you get those under your posts

Please use the search engine or look around first. The answer to your question is one of the stickies in the Forum News and Feedback subforum. Please do not multiply posts when you don't have to.

zhim57 03-31-2010 08:07 PM

Hi, any news of the car ,
I donated my 5 door, manual '92 metro in 2003 and am still sorry

big shafe 07-01-2010 02:09 PM

Updates?

ShadeTreeMech 07-04-2010 02:50 AM

OMG I got excited........

then I read the date of the first post......

Major letdown :(

SoobieOut 08-02-2010 01:26 PM

After reading this entire thread, just wondering who bought the car? And what state?