EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   SAMs Club Selling Chinese Suppliments and OTC Drugs (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/sams-club-selling-chinese-suppliments-otc-drugs-38504.html)

rmay635703 07-27-2020 12:39 AM

SAMs Club Selling Chinese Suppliments and OTC Drugs
 
Bleh, used to be able to trust that at the very least the warehouse stores kept these types of products NA sourced.

Just grabbed a at first glance decent joint compound check the label again, produced in China bottled in the US, that is the worst combo back to the store it goes.

Couldn’t even find this product tested by any of the usual suspects online stating it’s crap meaning it’s not even good enough to check

Be careful out there.

oil pan 4 07-27-2020 11:42 AM

Probably has dioxin, mercury, lead contamination.

JSH 07-27-2020 05:39 PM

From a recent podcast I listened to on supplements - almost the entire world's supplement base compounds are manufactured in China. Supplements claiming to be "Made in the USA" are only pressed into pill form and packaged in the USA.

This company tests supplements to see if they actually contain what they claim in the doses they claim (many don't)

https://www.consumerlab.com/answers/...nts_come_from/

Fat Charlie 07-27-2020 10:04 PM

Warehouse stores sell in bulk at low prices. That means China. Wal-Mart practically invented the concept, and you thought Sam's Club would differ? It's the same store with a membership fee.

rmay635703 07-28-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Charlie (Post 628721)
Warehouse stores sell in bulk at low prices. That means China. Wal-Mart practically invented the concept, and you thought Sam's Club would differ? It's the same store with a membership fee.

Historically SAMs member mark vitamins were not made in China and SAMs carried reputable name brands outside their store brand that you could not buy at Walland, it appears they are sliding downhill under financial pressures Similar to Costco’s recent blunders


ConsumerLab hasn’t tested many joint health tablets, my main concern is heavy metals, dioxin etc.

My belief is that no food, drug or vitamin should be legal if it contains Chinese content.

It’s unfortunate that point can’t be enforced with a heavy hand

JSH 07-28-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmay635703 (Post 628750)
Historically SAMs member mark vitamins were not made in China and SAMs carried reputable name brands outside their store brand that you could not buy at Walland, it appears they are sliding downhill under financial pressures Similar to Costco’s recent blunders


ConsumerLab hasn’t tested many joint health tablets, my main concern is heavy metals, dioxin etc.

My belief is that no food, drug or vitamin should be legal if it contains Chinese content.

It’s unfortunate that point can’t be enforced with a heavy hand

The FDA could regulate vitamins as drugs - problem solved. It should get rid of most of the useless snake oil too.

rmay635703 07-28-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSH (Post 628760)
The FDA could regulate vitamins as drugs - problem solved. It should get rid of most of the useless snake oil too.

That regulation doesn’t seem to apply to the chinese Ibuprofen sold there, lest we forget some of the people sickened by mold contaminated OTC crapola.

The problem then becomes your vitamin C capsule requires a case of scurvy and a doctors visit instead of a sniffle and just buy a bottle.

Likely the price would go up exponentially as well which would be worth it to validate what is in there really is but a middle ground would be needed so not everything is locked in a pharmacy with a $100000 a year employee counting your fish oil capsules.

It amazes me what gets lead and mercury contamination, whey protein for example is a nasty one and not even produced overseas.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 07-28-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSH (Post 628717)
From a recent podcast I listened to on supplements - almost the entire world's supplement base compounds are manufactured in China. Supplements claiming to be "Made in the USA" are only pressed into pill form and packaged in the USA.

AFAIK some vitamin supplements rely on raw materials supplied from Brazil. I remember having seen vitamin C supplements made out of green acerola grown in Brazil that were pressed into pills in the U.S. and coming back to Brazil :turtle:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com