EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Scan Gauge: Help ME!!!! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/scan-gauge-help-me-899.html)

bennelson 02-02-2008 05:18 PM

Scan Gauge: Help ME!!!!

Hey guys,

Got my scan gauge the other day. The plan was to always use it in my S10 in general, and transport it to my wifes 2000 Sunfire for trip use.

I am trying to make it work with the S10 and it just plain won't.

It is a '95 with the OBD2 jack. Scan Gauges list of compatible vehicles shows the v6 version of this truck as being compatible. Mine is the 4 cylinder.

When I hook it up, I just get the CONNECTING to run for 30 seconds or so, then the color of the LCD flashes real quick and it just says CONNECTING again.

I tried "forcing" a code as the troubleshooting section of the manual shows, but no luck.

Anything I am missing here? Any way to make it work with this truck!?!?!

Please help, already spent my $150...

-Ben

SVOboy 02-02-2008 05:57 PM

I don't have any specific knowledge with the sg, but have you tried called the company and asking them what's up?

MetroMPG 02-02-2008 08:15 PM

I'd say the same thing. Send e-mail to the company. If you do it now, you might even get a response tomorrow. Ron's like that.

Also, to put your mind at ease: in a worst case scenario, if you're not able to use the unit, I'm sure you'll find a willing buyer here on EM. So the money part shouldn't worry you.

bennelson 02-02-2008 08:15 PM

No, not actually yet.

Frankly, I trust you guys more than any company - certainly faster.

reformed 02-03-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 7931)
I'd say the same thing. Send e-mail to the company. If you do it now, you might even get a response tomorrow. Ron's like that.

Also, to put your mind at ease: in a worst case scenario, if you're not able to use the unit, I'm sure you'll find a willing buyer here on EM. So the money part shouldn't worry you.

If it doesn't end up working, and you can't get your money back from the company, I might be interested in it.

bennelson 02-08-2008 07:10 PM

OK - The Scan Gauge now officially does NOT work with a 1995 Chevy S10 with the 4-cylinder. It IS supposed to work with the V6.

It is plugged into my wife's car now. I would really rather have it. Still, it will be interesting to have for trips.

I have also used it already to diagnose and clear the check engine light on my brother's van.

cfg83 02-08-2008 07:16 PM

bennelson -

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennelson (Post 8899)
OK - The Scan Gauge now officially does NOT work with a 1995 Chevy S10 with the 4-cylinder. It IS supposed to work with the V6.

It is plugged into my wife's car now. I would really rather have it. Still, it will be interesting to have for trips.

I have also used it already to diagnose and clear the check engine light on my brother's van.

I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks that you are "on the cusp" with your 1995 S10. Being that close would drive me NUTS!

I am sure they would give you your money back. We are practically their second sales force, so they would be smart to treat you right.

CarloSW2