EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   ScanGauge Average MPG Question... (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/scangauge-average-mpg-question-9213.html)

Sean T. 07-14-2009 08:11 AM

ScanGauge Average MPG Question...

I just hooked up my scangauge, and I love it so far! Except for one thing. The "AVG" gauge is the average mpg for the trip. Is there a way to get a gauge to show average mpg for the whole tank?

I looked through the manual and didn't see anything.

NeilBlanchard 07-14-2009 08:59 AM

Hi Sean,

You can program the X-Gauge to be able to add the tank average as a choice in the regular gauge options -- see page 28 in the manual. This is my main complaint about the SGII -- this should be done this way from the factory.

DarkDstryr40k 07-14-2009 01:03 PM

i never thought it was hard to hit menu-trip and check out the trip log of current or tank mpg

NeilBlanchard 07-14-2009 07:39 PM

Hi,

I like having both the average and instantaneous mileage shown one above the other so I can compare them.

jas88 07-29-2009 10:07 AM

I did this and it is easy, I now show AVG, MPG, TDY (today average) and TNK (tank average) on my gauge panel.

bluetwo 07-30-2009 07:34 AM

I was wondering if there was a way to do these tricks! Lol.... I seem to have lost my manual though. Is anybody smart enough on the procedure to do a little write up here so it'll be easy?

Specifically I want to have average today and real time at the same time.

SentraSE-R 08-06-2009 12:45 PM

You can either view your tank average under MORE TRIP TANK MPG, or create an xgauge to show it as a gauge reading. I've created xgauges labeled CFE, TFE, and DFE to display current fuel efficiency average, tank fe avg, and day fe avg.

Bluetwo,

The Scangauge manual is online. Just Google scangauge and go to the mfr website and dowload the manual.

bluetwo 08-06-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentraSE-R (Post 119882)
Bluetwo,

The Scangauge manual is online. Just Google scangauge and go to the mfr website and dowload the manual.

I found that, but I called tech support and they told me I don't have X gauge abilities because I have a much older version. I got my SC almost 3 years ago so it stands to reason. :D

On that note, in case anyone didn't know: you can send your SC2, with the older version, into Linear-Logic and they'll update it with all the new stuff for about 25 dollars.

99metro 08-11-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas88 (Post 118344)
I did this and it is easy, I now show AVG, MPG, TDY (today average) and TNK (tank average) on my gauge panel.

I have Instantaneous (MPG)
Current MPG (MGc)
TANK MPG (MGt)

all as x-gauges that I can read at the same time. I have "Horsepower" as my 4th gauge.