EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   SGII doesn't always know today was over yesterday (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/sgii-doesnt-always-know-today-over-yesterday-15209.html)

endurance 11-19-2010 11:50 AM

SGII doesn't always know today was over yesterday

I've had my SGII for a couple months now and I keep having this problem on a relatively random basis. First off, sometimes it doesn't give me a trip gauge and generally when it does that, it also seems to be continuing the previous day's mileage and data set. I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong in shutting down, starting up, or what, but it's frustrating to discover that at the end of the day my total mileage is two days combined.

Since you never program a clock, how does it even know what a day is? Also, any hints on what to do when it's not giving me a new trip or an option to reset a trip?

On a slightly different note, is there any way to keep the trip gauge from resetting after a 15 minute stop? My drive home is generally when I run my errands and if I stop for any significant length of time, I get home to discover that only the mileage from my last leg is recorded, not the entire trip home.

FYI, I'm using my SGII in Fuel-hybrid mode because I've started doing more EOC, but both problems have been with me since before I changed from gas to hybrid mode.

MetroMPG 11-19-2010 01:28 PM

The lack of that trip gauge sounds wonky to me. I'd contact the company.

And the Trip gauge resetting... according to the manual, it automatically resets about 3 minutes after the SG2 goes to sleep, which I agree can be a pain in the butt. (That would be a good user-settable option to have in the menus.)

Unfortunately the "Today" data isn't resettable, so you can't always use that.

And also on the "Today" still reading yesterday's stuff, the SG2 needs to have been asleep for 8-10 hours to automatically reset the today data.

euromodder 11-19-2010 02:06 PM

It doesn't know what day it is.
When it has been sitting for 8-10 hours, it'll start a new day.

It's completely useless to me as I work continuous shifts, which means my commuting day is often spread over 2 days.
Sometimes it started a new day, sometimes it didn't.
I gave up on using the "previous day" feature.

endurance 11-19-2010 03:34 PM

Thanks, guys. That it explains it for me. It's not unusual for me to have a few days a week where I don't get home until 8:30-9:30 at night and then have to be on the road by 6:30 the next morning. That's probably compounded by the fact that some evenings I'm tinkering with the car, which sometimes means it comes on if I turn on the ignition.

I'll let you know if I figure anything out on the Trip gauge not being available. That 3 minute thing explains why sometimes I can stay on the same trip, but others, I don't.

vtec-e 11-19-2010 06:48 PM

Endurance, i woldnt worry too much about it.
Mine struggles to give me a proper L/100k readout, After two years of faffing! But then again, i drive a diesel......