Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Awesomeness personified

Harold - '94 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 54.51 mpg (US)

Margot - '08 Surly Big Dummy
Send a message via AIM to AndrewJ
What's your eco-footprint?

There are several eco-footprint calculators out there, but I used this one today because the other ones I found weren't working, or were kinda crappy.
Eco-Footprint Calculator

Anyway, mine looks like it's 13.54 acres, about 53% of the average Americans footprint.

I like these calculators, they give you a good idea of what areas of your life you could use some improvement in. For me thats food. I'm a renter now, so no garden. And the local food Co-Op is very expensive.

So how did everyone else fare?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Although - I don't agree with the caloric intake... It says I need a little more than 2000 calories to maintain my weight... mypyramid.gov says 2,600 given the amount of physical activity time...

Although, MyPyramid says:
Quote:
The weight you entered is below the healthy range for your height. This may increase your risk for health problems. Some people with a very lean body build or young adults who are still growing may not be at a higher risk. Check with your health care provider to see if you should try to gain weight. If you have recently lost weight, have health problems, or have difficulties with eating, speak with your health care provider.
before it gives me the diet plan
Old 01-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Awesomeness personified

Harold - '94 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 54.51 mpg (US)

Margot - '08 Surly Big Dummy
Send a message via AIM to AndrewJ
I agree, I don't like the human power part of this particular calc. When I was commuting by bike I was eating FAR more calories than their recommended amount, and I was still losing weight.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJ View Post
I agree, I don't like the human power part of this particular calc. When I was commuting by bike I was eating FAR more calories than their recommended amount, and I was still losing weight.
Ditto And the phrase "It's not that I'm poor - I just eat a lot of pasta" gets thrown around my place more often
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
AndrewJ -

Here are my numbers :

Quote:
Food Footprint 4.87 acres
Transportation Footprint 5.42 acres
Housing Footprint 2.12 acres
Other Footprint 4.58 acres

YOUR TOTAL FOOTPRINT is 16.99 acres.

IN COMPARISON
Your footprint measures 67.46% of an average North American's footprint and 86.01% of an average MEC Eco-Footprint Calculation (based on average results from this calculator).
I watch my weight religiously because my Dad has diabetes. I care less about what I eat and more about how much I eat. I think I have a slow metabolism because of my weight-watching.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Reply  Post New Thread