EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   siren on ultragauge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/siren-ultragauge-29926.html)

j12piprius 09-06-2014 08:39 PM

siren on ultragauge

Have you gotten the siren alert to function, and if so, how did you do it?

I set alarms for % engine load, coolant temp and mph but none of them have set off the alarm.

ultragauge manual

nemo 09-07-2014 08:27 AM

Haven't set any additional alarms but when I first got my gauge I had to bump up the setting for charge voltage to keep it from going off. There are two types of warnings visual and audio, are you getting the visual warnings and not the audio? What are your setting for all alarms off/on. See page 50 of manual.

j12piprius 09-07-2014 10:55 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by charge voltage. I adjusted refresh from 1.0 to 0.6
seconds, optimize to 37, and compatibility > power on detect from 2 to 0.

My settings are % engine load 93.0, coolant temperature 206.0, and mph 75.

nemo 09-07-2014 11:41 AM

The charge voltage (battery voltage) was one one of the alarms that was factory set which kept triggering an alarm on my Ugauge nothing to do with the problem you are having.

If you have gone back make sure you turned on the individual alarms under max setting. and it took.

There should get two type of alarms one visual believe it flashes on the display, the second is a tone. If you do not get either check this setting.

All alarms on/off
MENU > Alarms .. > All Alarms on/off
Globally enables or disables all Gauge Alarms both audible and visual.

If you get the flashing message and no sound check this.

Alarm siren on/off
MENU > Alarms .. > Alarm siren on/off
Allows the audible alarm siren to be switched on or off. This only affects the audible siren and does not affect the visual siren.

If both of these are enabled or on and the max setting is programmed correctly and set to on it should work.

That's all I got.

jcp123 09-07-2014 02:00 PM

Huh...I had never seen the alarms. I'm going to have to play with that and the voltage detect.

j12piprius 09-07-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemo (Post 444407)
There should get two type of alarms one visual believe it flashes on the display, the second is a tone. If you do not get either check this setting.

All alarms on/off
MENU > Alarms .. > All Alarms on/off
Globally enables or disables all Gauge Alarms both audible and visual.

Thanks much for your message. This is the one that did it. I thought it meant to turn all the alarms on, but it simply means to enable the alarms to be set individually. During my test, the max value needed to be exceeded for a couple of seconds to be triggered. Even so, the alarm is a nice and helpful feature to have.

nemo 09-07-2014 06:06 PM

Glad you figured it out.