EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   Sixty peer-reviewed research essays retracted (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/sixty-peer-reviewed-research-essays-retracted-29465.html)

California98Civic 07-11-2014 03:06 PM

Sixty peer-reviewed research essays retracted

Ouch! This is the biggest peer-review fraud I have heard of, though as academic dishonesty goes the bogus autism study was far more significant in consequences: "The publication is the Journal of Vibration and Control (JVC). It publishes papers with names like “Hydraulic engine mounts: a survey” and “Reduction of wheel force variations with magnetorheological devices.”"

Scholarly journal retracts 60 articles, smashes ‘peer review ring’ - The Washington Post

james

aerohead 07-11-2014 05:34 PM

retracted

I wonder if they caught my paper on glass hammers?:D

Superfuelgero 07-11-2014 07:34 PM

The dirty side of expecting professors to get published.

California98Civic 07-11-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohead (Post 434923)
I wonder if they caught my paper on glass hammers?:D

Lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by xntrx (Post 434945)
The dirty side of expecting professors to get published.

Yup. But as I tell my students. We're still responsible for our ethics, despite any unfair or not useful metrics of "productivity."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 434948)
The academic "side" of political palm-greasing?!?

Yes, indeed. Payola lives!

Hersbird 07-12-2014 12:36 AM

What I learned in my naval reactors days was, ask a mechanic what a bearing temperature is and they read the guage and tell you what it says. Ask an electrician what the voltage on a bus is and they push a button to get a reading and tell you. Ask a water chemistry tech what the ammoinia concentration is in the coolant and they will say, "what do you want it to be?"

CapriRacer 08-25-2022 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suppow (Post 673635)
If you're looking for a professional resume writer to put your best foot forward when applying for a new position, you've come to the right place. Here's a look at the top resume writing services melbourne has to offer, and why you should choose one over another. They will tailor your resume to reflect your unique personality, showcasing your qualifications and experiences in the best possible light. And, the best part? You won't have to spend an arm and a leg on it.

Spam, spam, spam, spam.

some_other_dave 08-29-2022 02:25 AM

I do wish you hadn't quoted the entirety of the spam post, including the link. That just keeps the link alive, bumping its search ranking, which is what the spammer wanted in the first place. Please at least kill the link in the quote.