EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Slyhippo saying hello :) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/slyhippo-saying-hello-2330.html)

slyhippo 05-14-2008 01:19 AM

Slyhippo saying hello :)

Hello everybody, I'm Mitchell and I'm 19 years old. I just wanted to say hello, and thanks for letting me be apart of the site. I have been lurking and gaining knowledge for the past few months, and decided to show myself. I hope to gain knowledge and friends while here and hopefully be able to help out when I can. I drive a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero that get gets about 20/25 mpg, also a 1982 Suzuki FA-50 moped that I hope to get running for the summer months. If anyone has any good suggestions about the moped please share. As for the car, I will be selling it soon and getting an older prius or civic hybrid, hopefully. Again, thanks for the site and letting me be apart.

MetroMPG 05-14-2008 08:24 AM

Hi Mitchell -

A moped and a hybrid would be a fun 2 vehicle fleet. Keep us posted on the hybrid hunt!

I'm hoping Ryland sees this thread because he's our resident moped/scooter expert and can probably offer some tips there. I'd go ahead and ask specific questions that you're looking to get answered for that.

Welcome to EcoModder!

Darin

SVOboy 05-14-2008 08:25 AM

Welcome to the site! Do you have any ambition to work on the current car or are you going to wait it for for the hybrid?

Make sure to check out our hypermiling tips!

Lazarus 05-14-2008 08:41 AM

Welcome. What part of the country you live in? Do you get to ride the scooter much or do you live where the weather is harsh a lot of the year?

slyhippo 05-14-2008 09:37 AM

I live in Tennessee, so I will be able to ride the scooter a lot if I get it working. As for the Hybrid hunt, I found a Honda Insight at a junk yard about an hour away, I emailed the owned last night, so I'm hoping he emails me back and tells me if it's still there. I will post updates as the story unfolds, wish me luck!

MetroMPG 05-14-2008 09:39 AM

Good luck. A second Insight restoration thread would be too cool.

Daox 05-14-2008 09:57 AM

Hello and welcome to the site. Both the Prius and Civic hybrid are amazing vehicles capable of 60+ mpg when driven properly. Good choice of cars. :)

cfg83 05-14-2008 04:05 PM

slyhippo -

Welcome to EM! Restoring an Insight will be a great project. Crossing my fingers it's still for sale.

CarloSW2

slyhippo 05-15-2008 01:50 AM

So I called today and the Honda Insight I so desperately wanted had already sold :( However, tonight I did stumble across a 1991 Honda Civic 2 Door Hatchback in very very nice physical condition with 169,865 miles on it for $1,900. Does anyone know anything about this year/make of Civic? And does it sound like a good deal?

slyhippo 05-15-2008 01:36 PM

I am also hot on a 1995 Metro hatchback right now. It is a little high in price i think, but appears to be really nice. It has 114,000 miles on it and they guy want 2900$ for it. I am hoping I can get him to come down on it.