EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Events & Meet-ups (https://ecomodder.com/forum/events-meet-ups.html)
-   -   SMCC montreal economy run june 8th 2013 (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/smcc-montreal-economy-run-june-8th-2013-a-24143.html)

echo-francis 11-28-2012 11:49 PM

SMCC montreal economy run june 8th 2013

I am posting this very very soon:eek: because I want you to write this in your shedule. I want a lot of person there:) this is going to be the biggest meet ever:D

SMCCrally.com

2000neon 11-29-2012 12:40 AM

I would love to make it out, it's a good drive from here though, but anything is possible.

blownb310 11-30-2012 11:13 AM

I haven't missed one yet. Let's see how motivated I am come June. :)

Mike

2000neon 11-30-2012 01:57 PM

What is involved in navigating? Do you need one? I would like to bring the VX, but I have no idea who would come with to navigate, and any hotels/motels nearby?

Weather Spotter 12-01-2012 01:48 PM

Where is going to be held at? I cannot read French and did not see any English location listed?

anyone local to event that could host a few people with tents in their back yard?

Do we have to have two person teams?

JethroBodine 12-02-2012 01:51 AM

Ben- French helps, but is not necessary. At one point I had to ask for a translator in line at the gas station because the girl asked if I wanted "low grade" gas when I was prepaying. I do speak some French, but just enough to get myself in trouble.

It is in( well near, really) Montreal. Challenging route, and a bit rough in parts. I hit nose and tail a couple times. Co-driver is a must, especially for out-of-towners. Also, the rally instructions are in km's so you will need to convert the distances if your odo doesn't do metric.

Nerdboy(Jeff) generously( THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU) put up a few of us at his place last year, and I still owe him a couple bottles of local Vodka. Might have to take a ride up again this year to drop them off.

HyperMileQC 12-02-2012 02:18 PM

Planning on comming up to SMCC 2013 with Francis, in the Echo-Troll like last year. Hoping to beat 4.0 LHK (58.8 MPG) ! We got 4.63 LHK (50.8 MPG) last time... What is funny with this rally is that you need to do a good FE, but because of the roads and the time, you have less FE, and you still need to do a big score... In normal situations, we usualy get 3.6 LHK (65.34 MPG).

It is in the town of Charlemagne near Montréal.

I'll let Jeff explain the rest, if he see the thread.

CigaR007 12-02-2012 03:14 PM

Hopefully I can make it in 2013. Need to implement some mods but Winter is crawling in and it is becoming a major hindrance.

2000neon 12-02-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weather Spotter (Post 342906)
Where is going to be held at? I cannot read French and did not see any English location listed?

anyone local to event that could host a few people with tents in their back yard?

Do we have to have two person teams?

If someone could host some tents that would be good too. I'm about 6-7 hours out, so definitely an overnight thing. Still really considering this though, I've got it tentatively on the schedule.:thumbup:

sheepdog 44 12-02-2012 07:06 PM

I live in massachussetts, and i would love to participate as someone's navigator. I have a automatic cvt car that cannot be hypermiled so i have little interest driving my own car in it, (i have enough of a challenge beating my high score commute everyday). I went to a rally this year in Conneticut, and what i really enjoyed was meeting fellow hypermilers and learning first hand their mods and how to's.