Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Saving@Home
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Black Beauty - '09 Honda Accord EX-L
90 day: 27.44 mpg (US)
Save energy with DOW Great Stuff Foam...

I have been making my house eco-friendly for almost a year now. My energy provider is Entergy and the bill has a chart showing energy consumption compared to the same month the year before, I am cutting my energy bill by almost 25% every month with a combination of "tweaks".

The most important tweak so far has been foaming my air conditioning ducts in the attic. I wrote a review that goes into greater detail here: Dow Great Stuff Insulating Foam Sealant Gaps & Cracks - Save $ on your electric bill with this simple to use product! - Epinions.com review

I have also planted the fast growing Tallow trees around the east and west facing parts of my house. The effect two years later is remarkable. For a room that has a full canopy of tree, I do not need to leave the air conditioner duct open in the spring or early Summer months!

Just thought I would share my experiences, these are great forums and I am watching the EV conversions with great interest.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread