EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Sorry, me again--insomnia (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/sorry-me-again-insomnia-26962.html)

Xist 09-15-2013 03:40 AM

Sorry, me again--insomnia

So, I had a shot of Zzzquil, and two tablets of melatonin. I laid in bed for sixty-five minutes and gave up. I am supposed to be at my sister's house in less than five hours to babysit and I am supposed to take kids that are not accustomed to going to Church to Church, when they never behave for me.

Maybe I could not sleep because I did not stop thinking.

I really need to stop doing that.

Gasoline Fumes 09-15-2013 04:36 AM

Watch TV, that will shut your brain off quickly!

Xist 09-15-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gasoline Fumes (Post 390704)
Watch TV, that will shut your brain off quickly!

Humans can watch a great deal of television without involving their brains.

I did some more homework and I quickly felt able to go to sleep, with fewer than three hours until my alarm was supposed to go off.

Except it didn't.

I think that I set my alarm without turning it "on." All that I know was that it was supposed to go off at 0430 and I woke up when my brother-in-law called at 0545.

Nothing good about that. I can just imagine my sister yelling at me now.

a8ksh4 09-15-2013 01:44 PM

That sucks. I can never get to sleep early on the nights before I have to get up extra early for a trip... and I'm usually wound up enough knowing that I'm on a weird schedule, that I keep waking up and checking the clock anyway.

Do you drink caffeine? Since I finished school last year, I've cut it out and I'm sure that helped my sleep schedule. I have to get 8-9 hrs or I'm not worth anything at work.

euromodder 09-15-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 390724)
I think that I set my alarm without turning it "on."

Or turned it off in your sleep.
Happened to me ...

The alarm should be out of reach, especially if it's like an iPhone where grabbing at its screen may well switch off the alarm altogether.

Xist 09-15-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euromodder (Post 390765)
Or turned it off in your sleep.
Happened to me ...

The alarm should be out of reach, especially if it's like an iPhone where grabbing at its screen may well switch off the alarm altogether.

I keep it on my dresser, while I am up in a loft bed, so I need to climb down my ladder in order to reach it.

When my normal Sunday alarm went off, I ignored it, to see if it would only go off once or twice more. No, I must have set it wrong.

MetroMPG 09-16-2013 02:25 PM

Congratulations!

The surest way to get out of being conscripted for babysitting duty is to demonstrate general ineptitude. :D

(I kid. Sort of. My relatives have learned to PHONE ME JUST BEFORE I'm supposed to be doing the important thing I promised them I wouldn't forget to do.)

Frank Lee 09-16-2013 02:31 PM

When I was in school I discovered that text books were the ultimate sedative- crack one open and out cold in moments, guaranteed.

Xist 09-16-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 390944)
When I was in school I discovered that text books were the ultimate sedative- crack one open and out cold in moments, guaranteed.

I have done that. Some are certainly better than other. Somewhere I have my textbook from Early Spanish Literature. My brain was no match for that, it just gave up and feigned death.