EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Sports Cars Team (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/sports-cars-team-22169.html)

Sporty Modder 06-05-2012 09:20 PM

Sports Cars Team

I have noticed multiple sports cars on here and would like to start a team with that name. The problem is I dont have any images small enough to be the icon:(. Would there be someone else willing to start the team, or could one of the mods start it for me? Thanks for your help.
The img I would like to use. http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...0512191248.jpg

UltArc 06-06-2012 01:53 AM

I support this! This would not be my particular choice for the image, but I'll happily join :)

ecomodded 06-06-2012 03:54 AM

are you sure you want to Place the sport cars up on the chopping block ? Something tells me you guys will be sucking the hind titty. Not that anything is wrong with the hind titty :D

jakobnev 06-06-2012 06:53 AM

Well there is a team for two door red coupes, but of course you didn't do your research and got a car of the wrong color.

UltArc 06-06-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecomodded (Post 310785)
are you sure you want to Place the sport cars up on the chopping block ? Something tells me you guys will be sucking the hind titty. Not that anything is wrong with the hind titty :D

Ah, they can take it! It may take more modding, but a sporty car can have a lot of potential! If you do make the group, please send me a message or invite, or some type of instructions on how to join. lol

NachtRitter 06-06-2012 11:55 AM

Careful! If you get one of these with a TDI in it, the rest of the teams may have a run for their money!
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...04539200_o.jpg

Sporty Modder 06-06-2012 03:15 PM

If any of you want to start the team go right ahead. The image is just what I had, as I am willing to use any sports car image.
I think the sports cars have a disadvantage compared to most eco boxs as they usually have larger motors, good aero to start from and motors tuned for preformance rather than economy. But I want my cake and I want to eat it to.
What do you guys say to include some sports sedans to?
Btw I am @21% over epa right now.

D.O.G. 06-06-2012 04:03 PM

When I get my Datsun back on the road, I'll be in.

I'm expecting good things from the gearbox mod.:D

ProDarwin 06-06-2012 07:32 PM

Ooo, neat idea. Too bad my sports car hasn't gotten above 22mpg since July of last year...

Sporty Modder 06-06-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

are you sure you want to Place the sport cars up on the chopping block ? Something tells me you guys will be sucking the hind titty. Not that anything is wrong with the hind titty

Something like this.:D
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...0612174018.jpg

Mustang Dave 06-06-2012 09:06 PM

I'll join. I love titties. They're delicious! :D
And I love the look on people's faces when I tell them I've gotten over 31 MPG with my 4 liter Mustang. 23 fills over 31 MPG, so far, and more to come in the near future. :thumbup:
Welcome aboard, UltArc! You're going to give me some serious competition when your engine's broken-in.

UltArc 06-06-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProDarwin (Post 310933)
Ooo, neat idea. Too bad my sports car hasn't gotten above 22mpg since July of last year...

Well, if the epa estimate is 3, that is pretty good. Though, I have a feeling it's not lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Dave (Post 310940)
I'll join. I love titties. They're delicious! :D
And I love the look on people's faces when I tell them I've gotten over 31 MPG with my 4 liter Mustang. 22 fills over 31 MPG, so far, and more to come in the near future. :thumbup:
Welcome aboard, UltArc! You're going to give me some serious competition when your engine's broken-in.

So far my tank with aggressive driving is 28 before breaking in or modification. I've got my GT fascia sitting in front of me right now, waiting to be modded. I have my gaps/openings taped off, but my silicone sucks,so I am taking it back to wally world and switching to something else at lowe depot. And at my next oil change, low resistance oil and a cold air intake.

It's amazing what another gear and engine tech can do. But I'm sure the eco boosts will put mine to shame. Now that they hit 305 hp with such good mileage, surely they can't lose either numbers. Tomorrow or the day after, I am going to try clear tape on my rims. I took the highway back home today, and it ruined my mileage. My 30+ was around 26 when I got off. No more b s highway for me.

Sporty Modder 06-06-2012 10:56 PM

Here is a link to the create a team page.
EcoModder Team Competition
My only problem is not having a small enough pic to post. I am kind of limited because I am on my phone.:D

ProDarwin 06-07-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 310952)
Well, if the epa estimate is 3, that is pretty good. Though, I have a feeling it's not lol

18/24, so I guess I'm not doing too terribly. I suspect its going to be down to 20mpg average by the end of the summer though. BTW, that's on premium too :(

Sports cars are at a definite disadvantage in a mileage competition, but I guess if you are comparing to EPA the playing field is leveled. It will be interesting to see how you guys do.

Sporty Modder 06-07-2012 09:05 AM

I started the team! Follow the link under my name to join.:D

ecomodded 06-07-2012 11:10 AM

Congrads on your new team, I agree that with the percent over EPA rating you guys will do great.
smaller fuel injectors ? a brick behind the gas pedal ? you guys have a lot of options for improvements.

UltArc 06-07-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProDarwin (Post 311004)
18/24, so I guess I'm not doing too terribly. I suspect its going to be down to 20mpg average by the end of the summer though. BTW, that's on premium too :(

Sports cars are at a definite disadvantage in a mileage competition, but I guess if you are comparing to EPA the playing field is leveled. It will be interesting to see how you guys do.

Honestly, I think sometimes we have an advantage. Of course not always, but thinking of a lot of efficient vehicles, a Prius working out five extra miles is harder than for us, I think. And those five miles will do more for us.

Sitting with a 2012 Mustang GT fascia on my floor, bottom portion taped and sealed, ready for foam, I think my drag will be dropping quite a bit.

My thinking may be flawed, but with lower expectations, it's easy to succeed. And it may be kind of late, but what do teams do? Lol

Sporty Modder 06-07-2012 11:35 AM

but what do teams do? Lol[/QUOTE]

Teams are for bragging rights, as each team is rated based on the % over epa rating. As we sit now we are 20% over

vrmilionzx 06-07-2012 01:34 PM

Just joined - and I don't think there's an inherent disadvantage - are we looking at pure mpg, or at percent improvement over EPA? Because if anything, I'd say the latter gives us a marked ADVANTAGE.
Nobody expects good mileage from a sports car. So, let's show em what's up. Also, I'm bringing the team average down by joining with both my cars - Although if I logged some nice highway miles, I could do the EPA quite a disservice. Last hwy run with the power build got me over 31mpg - and that's with a fully built turbo setup, and injectors roughly 3x the size of stock.

ksa8907 06-07-2012 03:28 PM

:( i don't really fit into any team. though i can beat my year mustangs at the track.

Sporty Modder 06-08-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksa8907 (Post 311115)
:( i don't really fit into any team. though i can beat my year mustangs at the track.

If you consider the car a sports sedan go ahead and join.
We will be glad to have you.

UltArc 06-08-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporty Modder (Post 311182)
If you consider the car a sports sedan go ahead and join.
We will be glad to have you.

When I think sports saloon, I usually think more along the lines of M5, or this beauty

File:Maserati Quattroporte - 1.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But hey, they're basically the same, right? lol

Sporty Modder 06-08-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 311189)
When I think sports saloon, I usually think more along the lines of M5, or this beauty

File:Maserati Quattroporte - 1.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But hey, they're basically the same, right? lol

Yeah my 97 Maxima was advertised as a Sports Sedan,:D so why not let members in who drive thier cars as sports cars in.
This could be a sports car or super car. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:..._in_London.jpg

UltArc 06-08-2012 12:46 AM

Well personally, it doesn't bother me any, and there aren't really any rules, so anyone can join lol.

The 458 Italia is nice, besides the engine fires. Expected to see one in Detroit this year, or the FF, but Ferrari backed out [, I infer].

Are there any type of competitions for fuel economy teams? In that case I may be more inclined to prefer a set of guidelines for who can join.

ksa8907 06-08-2012 11:31 AM

well... it is a high output engine, in fact the same engine and transmission used in the Prowler.

Sporty Modder 06-08-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksa8907 (Post 311268)
well... It is a high output engine, in fact the same engine and transmission used in the prowler.

JOIN!:d

ProDarwin 06-11-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksa8907 (Post 311268)
well... it is a high output engine, in fact the same engine and transmission used in the Prowler.

A 3.2L 225hp engine is a "High Output Engine"? :rolleyes: Also, the prowler used the 3.5L engine.

I wouldn't consider the Intrepid a sports car anymore than a Camry. It's a family sedan.

Sporty Modder 06-11-2012 11:38 AM

5.0 mustangs had an Ho motor rated @ 225 hp, the truck motor 5.0 was 170 hp.
What I consider here is veiw point rather than actual preformance.

Btw. My car has an Ho Hemi motor, 2.4 l with 105 hp.

ksa8907 06-11-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProDarwin (Post 311741)
A 3.2L 225hp engine is a "High Output Engine"? :rolleyes: Also, the prowler used the 3.5L engine.

I wouldn't consider the Intrepid a sports car anymore than a Camry. It's a family sedan.

Yep, only difference is a slightly larger bore. Identical otherwise. What differentiated the 3.2 and 3.5 HO from any other 3.5 is the intake plenum, the HO has 2 tuning valves for more power throughout the power curve. If you've never driven one, its useless to argue the "sportiness".

Mustang Dave 06-11-2012 09:11 PM

I'm already nearly tempted to leave the "Sports Cars" team unless someone can give me some help or competition in MPG or % over EPA combined. Those with engine displacements of 4+ liters would be especially welcome. BenjaminT needs to join the team with his 27+ MPG 4.6 liter Mustang GT. :)

UltArc 06-11-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksa8907 (Post 311745)
Yep, only difference is a slightly larger bore. Identical otherwise. What differentiated the 3.2 and 3.5 HO from any other 3.5 is the intake plenum, the HO has 2 tuning valves for more power throughout the power curve. If you've never driven one, its useless to argue the "sportiness".

I don't want to say I don't support it, because not only would I feel rude, but to each view is a different idea. That 458 owner would laugh at me calling my Mustang sporty. BUT, that being said, I think of the R/T model, and the SRT models as sporty. I mean personally, I don't know of any sporty chrysler, besides the Viper and the SRT lines, but the Viper has more problems than horsepower, and for over a decade the SRT models have been bogged down by garbage and cruise ship size.

Again, I feel bad, but I don't mean it offensively to you, nor do I mean it as n insult to your vehicle. Such as the chrysler crossfire, completely failed as a coupe, any performance, quality, and reliability. But the convertible was fantastic, because it was sold as a target for slow cruising with the top down.

So as a chrysler Camry, I see it, but not so much for performance. But my significan other wants me to add this, :turtle:, and :snail:, and now that she is ruining me for writing, I will conclude this

Mustang Dave 06-11-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

My sports car's "% over EPA" is 18% better than your economy car's "% over EPA". You need to try harder. Just bein' Frank with ya. ;)

Sporty Modder 06-11-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Dave (Post 311857)
I'm already nearly tempted to leave the "Sports Cars" team unless someone can give me some help or competition in MPG or % over EPA combined. Those with engine displacements of 4+ liters would be especially welcome. BenjaminT needs to join the team with his 27+ MPG 4.6 liter Mustang GT. :)

You are doing incredible with that Mustang. I think we need to recruit some more members.

brucepick 06-11-2012 10:19 PM

With all due respect to the high powered engine cars, I think some of the Civic Si's and EX's in Team Civic could be in the Sports Car team. A group of them are getting mid-30's mpg's, largely because the cars were made and/or modded for speed. Just my .02 of course.

ecomodded 06-11-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Dave (Post 311864)
My sports car's "% over EPA" is 18% better than your economy car's "% over EPA". You need to try harder. Just bein' Frank with ya. ;)

Yer funny ! Frank with me wink wink.
In the true flavour of being pestered by Frank
I will retort with this: smart ass !.

I have to say , good going with that large percent above EPA, 52% is something to be proud of.

You do have some stiff competition from us VW's
I am at around 22% over EPA, for instance.
The economy race is on !

edited to add: I did my EPA math, I'm about 36% over combined EPA.
I never checked before.
I could change over to the sports cars team ! kidding, my car is low hp.

UltArc 06-11-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucepick (Post 311869)
With all due respect to the high powered engine cars, I think some of the Civic Si's and EX's in Team Civic could be in the Sports Car team. A group of them are getting mid-30's mpg's, largely because the cars were made and/or modded for speed. Just my .02 of course.

That sounds about right. I mean an SRT, SVT, R series, AMG or Black series, Z06, M class, and so on, are cars designed for a sport purpose, in theory. So SIs should fit, in my opinion. It wouldn't be fair to just say the S2000 is the only model that is sporty. Although that is a car I have little personal experience with, I only hear great things.

Mustang Dave, if you had a 2011+, your mileage would be crazy. Thinking about by EPA standards maybe not so much, but with your work on the five speed, the six speed would be very impressive.

What's everyones favorite sports car? Not sporty...but real, performance car.

I'd have to argue the 2007 Ford GT. Or is this more appropriate for a new thread?

ksa8907 06-11-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Dave (Post 311864)

as long as you're going to tout your "sport" car, shall we take our cars to the track and compare time slips? id love the opportunity to show you how measly your "sport" car is.

Sporty Modder 06-11-2012 11:12 PM

Double post.

Sporty Modder 06-11-2012 11:17 PM

What's everyones favorite sports car? Not sporty...but real, performance car.

I'd have to argue the 2007 Ford GT. Or is this more appropriate for a new thread?[/QUOTE]

#1 MkIV Ford Gt 40
#2 Mk 4 Toyota Supra TT
#3 Mk 3 Toyota Celica
#4 240z

ecomodded 06-11-2012 11:24 PM

Do it make a new thread, no wait this is your thread, do what you want, just saying nudge nudge.