EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Suggestion Model Specific Forums (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/suggestion-model-specific-forums-3260.html)

RabbitM 06-22-2008 11:13 AM

Suggestion Model Specific Forums

This is a great forum. A lot of great discussion. I suggest model specific forums to allow model specific improvements.

RabbitM

Daox 06-22-2008 11:48 AM

Perhaps you mean brand specific? Model specific would be an incredble amount of forums.

metroschultz 06-22-2008 11:55 AM

Maybe you're on to something

I am not sure on that one Daox,:confused:
Maybe some model specific ie; Metro and CRX:)
then some brand specific ie; Toyota and Honda.:)
It would be a lot of work to tally up all the models, yes, but some just stick out.:p
Brands would definitely be easier to navigate.
But a Geo only forum would be also the Metro only forum.:D

RabbitM 06-22-2008 12:45 PM

Those are really great points. I think the objective is to allow owners/prospective owners to see what others are doing to with models that are getting worked on. And of course not make it complicated.

Maybe it would be easier to allow the garage area to be sourted by model. This should be much easier to manage than a forum for each model or make. For instance, I could look up all the guys with a focus like me and take a look at their mileage and mods. May be I'm slow, but it seems hard right now. Just a thought.

RabbitM

SVOboy 06-22-2008 01:39 PM

I think the current issue is that not only would there be many forums, but most of those forums would get little post traffic. I know there are lots of CRX owners here, but I don't often have something to say CRX specific that wouldn't apply to others. I wouldn't want a crx grill block question to go unnoticed by helpful people or people with other cars looking for the same advice.

You're right, the garage does kinda suck for sorting right now, but we're making it sortable to the max to help people do research and such.

darkdan 08-10-2010 09:39 AM

Sorry for the necro bump, but I have always wanted a Make specific forum so people can find mods specific to their car.

I doubt people would miss much considering everyone has a tendency to share what they did on multiple threads when the subject comes up.

MetroMPG 08-30-2010 03:56 PM

I'm reluctant to divide up the forums into models, mostly because I think the ultimate effect would be that useful information which others could benefit from would end up being buried in subforums that they don't visit.

The garage feature lets you list your mods (and link to threads about them if you want). And the garage is searchable/sortable by make & model.

RobertSmalls 08-30-2010 04:07 PM

I think we should all add make and model information to our thread titles when applicable.

MetroMPG 09-13-2010 05:52 PM

More informative titles would be great for many reasons.