EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Tesla Model S - $469 monthly! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/tesla-model-s-469-monthly-28669.html)

botsapper 04-08-2014 07:47 PM

Tesla Model S - $469 monthly!

Tesla Business Leasing | Blog | Tesla Motors

A new leasing program from Tesla motors allows small/medium business owners to deduct expenses from their taxes AND drive a premium-luxury Model S. Straightforward, simple, quick, no signatures and a single tap of an electronic agreement on your delivered car!

Not your daddy's car dealer/car company. Got Tesla stock?

Cobb 04-08-2014 08:22 PM

Lease programs for businesses? How exactly does that help the average tax payer? Oh, its a tap to the large toilet all of our money goes to feed the 1%.

If you need to "create" expenses for your business I know a guy in MD who can make receipts. :eek:

P-hack 04-08-2014 09:28 PM

for $260/year, you too can become a small business owner. There's a lot of middle class (or what's left of it) owners/partners of LLCs and s-corps. Still $460/mo out the window is too rich for my blood.

They didn't say large corporation, which is where the 1%s are.

botsapper 04-09-2014 12:40 AM

The top of that bell, independent contractors; doctors, dentists, vets, lawyers, accountants, contractors, subcontractors, and independent tradesmen will snap that deal up and will be fighting for Supercharger station spaces.

Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Caddy, etc. dealers will fire up their DC and state lobbyists again to derail this momentum.

Superfuelgero 04-09-2014 10:05 AM

Thanks for the FYI! I've been looking to replace the Corolla. I've been taking mileage, this would work out better since I could expense the full payment.

*Edit looks like it's a 6k due at signing. The actual payment is 1012/mo, since tesla likes to get creative with subtracting inflated TCO savings into their payments. The rear seat is another $30/mo, and the 85kw is 100-150/mo higher.

Don't think this will happen anytime soon.

ecomodded 06-23-2014 03:27 PM

A walk around the Tesla

Video Walkthrough | Tesla Motors

Cobb 06-23-2014 04:45 PM

Just a rich mans toy. No matter how you crunch the numbers, you wont even come close to breaking even. :mad:

ecomodded 06-23-2014 05:27 PM

Richer people want to make car payments to , so they can live above their means like everyone else ..
One day Tesla may see fit to make a economy model , for the upper middle class crowd.

user removed 06-23-2014 05:39 PM

I never knew a rich person who lived above their means, mostly just the opposite, which is how those who actually earned their wealth got to be wealthy.

I think Tesla's move is for those who deduct their vehicle costs as a business expense.

regards
Mech