EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   Tesla Model S Spotted in Canada (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/tesla-model-s-spotted-canada-25292.html)

Blue Angel 03-19-2013 10:04 AM

Tesla Model S Spotted in Canada

I'm putting this under "Success Stories" because I believe the Model S (and Tesla as a company) is, so far, a Success Story.

I had my first Model S sighting on Sunday. This is the first time I've ever seen one in person.

I was driving East on Hwy. 17 just outside of Rockland (East of Ottawa), and it was going West.

Very nice to see that car in the wild! Has anyone else seen them out and about? Anyone know a Model S owner? Sure, the car isn't cheap but it's a heck of a nice looking machine and just happens to run on electricity. For someone in the market for a luxury sedan who spends most of their time commuting to work and back, it seems like a great option.

MetroMPG 03-19-2013 11:41 AM

Didn't see any in all my time on the Wet Coast this winter. Which is a bit of a surprise, considering I saw two Fisker (bad) Karma's.

I believe I know of someone who has ordered a Model S - member of EVCO and occasional poster here on EcoModder (about his Roadster).

M-EGT 03-19-2013 01:13 PM

I've actually seen 3 of them so far!

unfortunately I do not know anyone with one, or any electric car for that materr

Blue Angel 03-19-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 362177)
I believe I know of someone who has ordered a Model S - member of EVCO and occasional poster here on EcoModder (about his Roadster).

Thanks for the link to that thread... time to introduce myself as one of the "evil" four! :D

California98Civic 03-19-2013 09:56 PM

There are a few Tesla Model S specimens on the road here in Orange County, California. (Lots of electrics in general here, especially Volt and Leaf but also a couple Fisker Karmas and a few Tesla Roadsters). The S is a nice looking car.

mechman600 03-19-2013 10:13 PM

My brother in law had a ride in one and it really ticked me off. He sends me a picture with a message saying, "hey look what I just had a ride in...a t t tesloo? whatever that is..."

HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HE WAS RIDING IN!

Grrrrrr.

Blue Angel 03-19-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechman600 (Post 362308)
HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HE WAS RIDING IN!

That right there deserves a kick in the :eek:

Ryland 03-19-2013 11:14 PM

I saw a black one about a month back on a small state highway in the middle of no where western Wisconsin... I nearly pee'd my self with excitement.

Blue Angel 03-19-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 362323)
...I nearly pee'd my self with excitement.

Elon would be proud! :D