EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Tesla Owners Scolded for Overusing Superchargers (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/tesla-owners-scolded-overusing-superchargers-32636.html)

darcane 08-24-2015 04:33 PM

Tesla Owners Scolded for Overusing Superchargers

Tesla sends out 'don't use our Superchargers all the time' letters

gone-ot 08-24-2015 05:50 PM

For all the 'speed-of-light' quickness that electrons possess, apparently REFUELING them ain't quick enough for Tesla owners.

darcane 08-24-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 491026)
For all the 'speed-of-light' quickness that electrons possess, apparently REFUELING them ain't quick enough for Tesla owners.

I suspect they are getting hammered by stock holders wanting them to reign in spending. Right now Tesla is burning through piles of cash and their debt levels are really getting out of hand.

thingstodo 08-25-2015 02:35 PM

EVTV reported that an airport (in Germany maybe? - can't remember) has a fleet of Teslas for taxis and they charge exclusively at the airport supercharger station.

Perhaps not the use case that Elon had in mind ... free fuel for a fleet of taxis ...

gone-ot 08-25-2015 02:44 PM

Yeah, but all Elon has to do is call that "free recharge" as tax write-off "advertising."

jamesqf 08-25-2015 04:32 PM

Or simply charge for the electricity, at a rate significantly higher than they'd pay at home.

And I can certainly see the point of asking the owners to move when the car's recharged. After all, I would get a little upset if someone filled up at the only gas pump in town, then parked there for an extra hour or two.

ME_Andy 08-25-2015 05:53 PM

My understanding is it's also intended to reduce congestion at Superchargers that get heavy use. Probably a combination of that plus saving $.

Fat Charlie 08-26-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ME_Andy (Post 491134)
My understanding is it's also intended to reduce congestion at Superchargers that get heavy use. Probably a combination of that plus saving $.

Yeah, it's supposed to be a charger for lots of Musk's customers, not a private parking space for one guy.

RedDevil 08-26-2015 10:35 AM

Maybe they should make people pay for NOT charging at a supercharger?
As long as it is still charging it is free. Once full, it'll cost you $1 per minute just to hold the spot.

That way they can keep their promise of free charging, make sure the superchargers are used efficiently and make some money to boot ;)

KrautBurner 08-28-2015 11:50 AM

funny

I was just thinking about this (after looking at a leaf)

is there an etiquette for using the charging stations?
especially when you pull up and they are all in use (with no owners around) and you wanna get your charge on

not to mention the fact that many are free