EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   Thank You and Request for Continuing support (eco-driving questionnaire) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/thank-you-request-continuing-support-eco-driving-questionnaire-34232.html)

CAllison 08-24-2016 06:29 AM

Thank You and Request for Continuing support (eco-driving questionnaire)

People may remember my introduction thread where I asked for support with an eco-driving questionnaire.

I would like like to thank everyone who has completed the questionnaire, had some really great responses. I would however like to ask anyone who hasn't done it yet to consider taking the time to complete the 25 minute questionnaire about driving habits and fuel economy, I desperately need more eco-drivers and hyper-milers to understand the techniques that are being used. Lurking around the forum has certainly taught me a lot but the more i can formally capture the better.

If you have a spare 25 mins please consider completing the questionnaire, your responses are invaluable.

www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/20606

Daox 08-24-2016 09:01 AM

I took it. Doesn't take 25 mins. :)

solarguy 08-24-2016 09:22 AM

Could you perhaps clarify the purpose of the survey?

Is it to educate you?

Is it to educate me?

Is it to make the world a better place?

Thanks in advance,

troy

Ecky 08-24-2016 09:24 AM

Took the survey too.

Daox 08-24-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarguy (Post 521340)

Is it to educate you?

Is it to educate me?

Thanks in advance,

troy

He went over that in his intro thread here:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eco-34133.html

CAllison 08-24-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarguy (Post 521340)

Is it to educate you?

Is it to educate me?

Thanks in advance,

troy

I work for the University of Southampton, UK, and we are looking at the strategies people use when driving and their fuel efficiency, in the hope of developing interventions to help inform and educate people to be more fuel efficient.

Some of the feedback I've been having from non-eco-drivers is that its made them think about their driving and fuel use in a way they haven't before and has started to make them think about the environmental impact of their driving.

I don't profit from the questionnaire, I'm not selling the results to anyone, I'm not sharing the results or any of your details to car companies. We want to learn what strategies people are using and think about how we can get others to adopt similar strategies. We are potentially educating people and making the world better in the process.

mcrews 08-24-2016 11:25 AM

maybe 15 minutes.

FYI, I might have had a non-involved American read the questions and suggest some minor word changes. (depending on how important the US market is to this total survey)

mcrews 08-24-2016 08:17 PM

If y6ou haven't taken the survey, please do!

chefdave 08-25-2016 02:08 AM

Hi cannot get past important information to complete survey

CAllison 08-25-2016 05:45 AM

Thanks for the support everyone, you're all awesome

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 521352)
maybe 15 minutes.

FYI, I might have had a non-involved American read the questions and suggest some minor word changes. (depending on how important the US market is to this total survey)

I'm always interested in getting feedback. I can't change the wording on this as it can bias responses I've already had, but that will be really useful to me for future research. I appreciate that phrases we use in the UK don't always translate well to the US. Peoples separated by a common language! Feel free to PM me any feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefdave (Post 521411)
Hi cannot get past important information to complete survey

Hi Chefdave, Theres a box at the bottom of the page you have to tick to proceed to the survey. It's just to say you consent you take part. Easier to see if your on a desktop rather than mobile device