Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Son of a bean counter

To me the key to economy was programmed into my psyche by Pop, now 93. He never had a father after he came home from WW2 and his father died at 62, in 1946. He was almost 26. His oldest son today is 66, youngest 54.

We have always been close. He never believed in witholding information when I expressed a desire to learn and my reading capability far exceeds Pop's, at least that is what he says. Read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich when I was 11 and the Bible,from cover to cover, the old version that started at 4000 BC.

My oldest brother says I have a photographic memory. He's wrong but I won't try to convince him of that fact, it's not possible. I have a very good memory but age makes the unused portion fade more quickly these days.

People who come to this forum should understand that they will get a sceptical reception when they come on with some "miracle" cure for our fuel mileage woes. It presumes we are less than serious about our dedication to maximizing efficiency. The numerous members with heavy engineering backgrounds also provide for irrational appeals,followed by predictable tactics when confronted with factual diassembly of their claims. Facts destroy opinions just as surely as i can count beans.

I've been here a while now and my Patent will be 4 years old in March 2015. I'll be 64 in a few days and my plate is still full. I'm just not as hungry as I was long ago.

regards
mech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
dirtydave (11-14-2014), MetroMPG (11-14-2014), Vakarian (11-19-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread