EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Thoughts on Yellowstone Park (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/thoughts-yellowstone-park-39170.html)

redpoint5 02-24-2021 04:49 PM

Thoughts on Yellowstone Park

I'd skip the Communist zone of the US known as Yellowstone. Time better spent in the Tetons.

Hersbird 02-24-2021 09:42 PM

What? Yellowstone is 10 times better than Grand Teton. You used to be able to do both parks on the same entrance fee but now they hit you up twice.

That hard sided requirement only applies to camping and only applies to a single campground there Bridge Bay. At Bridge Bay you want hard sides more for the fact they park you like cordwood at the Walmart parking lot than for any problems with bears.

Piotrsko 02-25-2021 10:27 AM

Get a forever senior pass. Everythings free with ID.

and the stuff they use nowadays on this hard sides only slows the bear down a moment.

redpoint5 02-25-2021 11:46 AM

I don't understand how the government can issue forever passes; an unambiguous exercise of agism. I'm not opposed to private business discrimination using any criteria they want, but the government is not a private business, and needs to treat people equally. Perhaps I will start identifying as a senior citizen.

... and Yellowstone sucks, hard. Might have been neat before all the people and rules showed up. I bet they enforce the mask rules more heavily in that park than in crowded Manhattan.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 02-25-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohead (Post 643072)
Many areas of the Park require hard-sided vehicles on account of Grizzlies.
Otherwise one may become the tasty treat, with crunchy outside and chewy inside.

Even if a hard-sided vehicle may sound more like slowing wildlife down before they attack, it's better than being an easy target.

Piotrsko 02-26-2021 09:53 AM

Yellowstone was better prefire but you need to get into the mind set that is is a tourist trap, a rustic Disneyland, so to speak. You do have the option of disappearing into the backcountry on your own to see some of the most scenic stuff hardly no one ever sees.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 02-26-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotrsko (Post 643229)
a rustic Disneyland, so to speak

Doesn't sound so bad :D

RedDevil 02-26-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 643272)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotrsko (Post 643229)
a rustic Disneyland, so to speak.

Doesn't sound so bad :D

Mmmm. Wait in a line for an hour to do anything. In a rustic way.

It gets better in the evening. The lines are gone, you can often walk straight into your favorite attraction. In 2001 my (then not yet) wife and I visited Disneyland Paris and did the Magic Mountain 9½ times. Yup, it broke down the last time. We were stuck for half an hour until we got released and were marched straight through the innards of the steel, fiberglass and fabric structure which was awesome. But we nearly missed the tour bus to our hotel ;)

redpoint5 02-26-2021 06:27 PM

My Yellowstone experience was spending a fortune to pitch a tent on a concrete pad in a wasteland (I had never paid to camp prior to that). Then needing something to roast marshmallows with I plucked a small twig that was broken and dangling from a small tree. A psycho in a golf cart yelled at me and said he was calling the federal police to arrest me; and that they don't mess around with the rules concerning the plucking of small broken twigs from pathetic trees that are sparsely interspersed around the gravel and concrete "campsites".

Then I saw dead pools of water, mostly desert, neat waterfalls where hoards of people gather, some wildlife, fire ants galore, and an unfaithful geyser. People just park their cars in the middle of the road, as if utilizing the single lane for travel is optional.

Fat Charlie 02-27-2021 07:27 AM

So pulling a small trailer that has a couple propane burners, a toilet and lets you sleep off of the ground would have improved your trip?