Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Are SuperMIDs still for sale? Or complete MPGuinos?

I know the OpenGuage idea might be kind of against someone selling them...but maybe not?

The deal is, I got over my head building an MPGuino and I've spent about $100 on it and so far it isn't working. I knew it was beyond my current skills, but I thought I could bridge the gap. Well, I bridged a lot of gap, but not all of it. People are still helping me try to fix it, but I have some fears that I'm not going to be able to fix it without switching out a lot of parts. It's been fun, but it is starting to get depressing.

But I already have the power, ground, VSS, and injector tapped and together in a handy plug inside my car. So if I bought a SuperMID or a complete MPGuino, I could shed all of this stress and start benefitting from instant feedback in my commute car.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Well, it's completely open as far as I know, so that doesn't preclude people from making money off of it. I've been kind of waiting for someone to put them together and tell them for like 80 bucks, but no one yet.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I'd gladly pay $80 for one that works. I've paid $100 for one that doesn't.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Did you guys see that Fundamental Logic is getting close (like end of next week) to releasing the MPGuinoKit? He is thinking around $40 and a portion of that would go back to the effort here at EcoModder. Now I think it comes in pieces and you assemble it, but you may be able to talk to Kevin (at FL) and get him to solder it up for a fee... or get someone else to solder it up and send it to you. It could be a little side business for someone. Heck, I am not good at soldering, but I **could** do it... it just takes me forever to put them together.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
I've been asking around and might have someone willing to assemble guinos. We are trying to brainstorm on an enclosure currently.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Part of me says that if I bought a fully assembled iDuino and a bigger breadboard than last time and all of it the kind that has bridged holes, I could do a much better job the second time around.

The other part says that I don't know what I did wrong the first time and would hate to blow money on another failure.

So I'm 99% certain now that my pride is satisfied and I'd be willing to buy a finished one. But I'm going to look around for some neat, simpler projects that I can build because I've kind of enjoyed learning more about this stuff and now I have a good set of tools and some extra pieces to get me started.

Reply  Post New Thread