EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   Ultra guage rebate really is bad. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ultra-guage-rebate-really-bad-20219.html)

2010civic 01-22-2012 08:15 PM

Ultra guage rebate really is bad.

I did recieve my Ultra gauge Friday and set it up. Pretty easy. However i must say getting the rebate is really sorry for a manufacture to do it the way UG does. I am sure they don't want to pay, but do you really have to go through this. If I had known I really beleive I would not have purchased the UG. I kinda of feel games like this is a reflection of how a company operates.

In case you don't know, you first have to wait for your UG. Then hook it up, don't forget your cars manufacture date (month, year), then run the factory diagnostics and record the 39 numbers plus the final two digit code. Go to the website /start and open the form. Fill it out and record all the numbers. then sign and copy it. Then get the disclaimer page and inital it and copy. Then don't throw your packing slip away. You need it. Copy it. Now after you have assembled, filled out, and copied you can staple it all together or create an electronic package and send to the company. You may see it in 10 weeks. This really feels scammish to me, but $9 is $9. They must have a staff up there with nothing to do to waste that much company time seeing if you did not make a single mistake. Becuse if your documents have a single mistake, the deals off on the rebate.

Okay, said my piece.

FXSTi 01-22-2012 08:48 PM

If you made it past the screen where you put all the numbers in you might be almost there. I never did get past that screen telling me I was wrong. I finally said screw it. I get that they want you to read the users manual, but they go way beyond with requiring you to record all that data.

Kirk

2010civic 01-22-2012 09:58 PM

FX, that was a mess. I finally printed off a sheet of paper with thier choices and marked through them. i then transfered the numbers. Definitely they want to discourage someone from filing. Wish they would disclose it on thier order site. I mean they pack it, ship it, know my name, address, telephone number, credit card, what more do the need.

SentraSE-R 01-22-2012 10:00 PM

On the good side, they credit the rebate to your Paypal account, so you get it faster than the usual 5 week rebate process.

California98Civic 01-22-2012 11:43 PM

I went into it knowing the rebate is a hassle, having read this site. I bought it assuming the rebate didn't exist. The device is solid. You will need to learn to calibrate it. Until you do, don't believe the probably elevated numbers you'll see. Make sure to track your actual MPG with ODO/Pump until you get the UG well calibrated for distance and gallons used. Rebate or none, it will pay for itself over time. Lots of features. On my main running screen, I have throttle position and %load across the top. Then I have trip MPG, RPM, timing advance, and instant MPG in the bottom four. I find those to offer very useful ready reference data for hypermileing. You may find other layouts better. Enjoy!

BamZipPow 03-31-2012 01:11 AM

I had to threaten them with legal action...it was over 16 weeks after I emailed them the paperwork before I got my "reward". :(

cfg83 03-31-2012 01:56 AM

SentraSE-R -

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentraSE-R (Post 281613)
On the good side, they credit the rebate to your Paypal account, so you get it faster than the usual 5 week rebate process.

Wow, you actually got a rebate? After hearing 2010civic's story I was thinking scam all the way.

CarloSW2

BHarvey 04-01-2012 09:30 AM

I had heard it was a pita (before buying my UG) so I never bothered trying.

Some things ain't worth the hassle.....

gone-ot 04-01-2012 01:34 PM

..."SCAM" is exactly what I concluded too.

KY_Canyon 04-01-2012 10:07 PM

The paperwork is a bit of a hassle, but they allow you to email it to them. I had my refund within 2-days via Paypal.