EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Vehicle Range Chart (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/vehicle-range-chart-6635.html)

trikkonceptz 01-03-2009 03:17 PM

Vehicle Range Chart

1 Attachment(s)
I thought it would be useful for those looking to buy a nused cars to have a chart of vehicles on this board and their max range to date.

So I created a crude spread sheet for you guys to download, populate and repost. This way anyone can check out the updated spreadsheet and look for a vehicle based on mileage if necessary or sort the list based on mileage to see what vehicles can reach a specific mileage requirement.

Of course any of the advanced options like sorts or other excel functions will have to be done by you or PM me with your info and I will happily update the chart for you. I will also periodically update the chart in this first post so you do not have to scroll through a bunch of pages to get the most current list.

instarx 01-03-2009 05:51 PM

Would a "Tank Size" column help?

brucepick 01-03-2009 05:59 PM

WADR -
with all due respect.

I dunno.
What's the benefit in driving 500 or even 600 miles on a "tank" if you're not getting good mpg?

I don't have an aversion to gas stations or to filling up.
Though I understand that some folks do.
I'm OK with driving 50 or 100 miles and then filling up to see my mpg for that driving.

I do have an aversion to consuming fuel at low mpg rates.

Frank Lee 01-03-2009 06:21 PM

I was thinking this is more a function of gas tank size than anything else. Very limited utility.

trikkonceptz 01-04-2009 11:28 AM

It's meant to be a buyers guide for those looking to get a car based on MPG's. I'll add whatever colums or formulas you guys deem fit. Just let me know...

SVOboy 01-04-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucepick (Post 81408)
WADR -
with all due respect.

I dunno.
What's the benefit in driving 500 or even 600 miles on a "tank" if you're not getting good mpg?

I don't have an aversion to gas stations or to filling up.
Though I understand that some folks do.
I'm OK with driving 50 or 100 miles and then filling up to see my mpg for that driving.

I do have an aversion to consuming fuel at low mpg rates.

I think it's fine. I hate filling up, :)

jamesqf 01-04-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 81413)
I was thinking this is more a function of gas tank size than anything else. Very limited utility.

Now that depends. My car has one of the smaller tank sizes out there - 10.5 gallons nominal, but I average around 9.5 gallons per fillup - and I only get less than 700 miles per tank in midwinter. (Combination of the effect of cold on mpg, and frequent trips up often-snowy mountain roads for skiing.)

I like the long range myself. Time spent filling up is time wasted, plus there's a better chance I'll be driving past a cheap gas station when I need to fill up, so my useful mpg is increased, and cost per gallon decreased.