EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycles / Scooters (https://ecomodder.com/forum/motorcycles-scooters.html)
-   -   Velomobile for U.S. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/velomobile-u-s-16040.html)

Sambat 02-08-2011 10:16 AM

Velomobile for U.S.

Well ok after leeching off of you guys and harvesting your ideas for a while i finally broke down and got an account!... Ive been thinking about the Velomobile with the 214 mpg fuel consumption and was wishing that we had a similar motorcycle in the U.S. so one day i too can build one.... well just saw the 2011 Honda PCX 125 ........ hmm what you guys think? Liquid Cooled 125 and just waiting for the fairings... plus sharper looking than the Helix
:turtle:

tomauto 02-15-2011 01:56 PM

At 3300 bucks its not to bad of a deal really! I really wish the scooters had manual gearing though!

Chuck. 02-15-2011 06:30 PM

This might be an excellent candidate for the Vetter Challenge: get 100mpg at 70mph with aeromods added.

Sambat 02-17-2011 01:50 AM

yeah i was actually thinking of that, plus i love that they put the gas tank at the bottom to lower the center of gravity! ive wanted to do that to my 250 ninja but havent worked out the specifics

JustAndyC 04-29-2011 05:55 PM

Diving in with a PCX

Hey, I just joined too and dove into this wonderful pool of knowledge. The PCX looks like a perfect mule for such a project so I bought one last weekend. Now in the process of purchasing a streamline shell from Craig V- his Freedom Machine chronicles fired me up to get involved. The PCX seed was planted by Allert Jacobs. Anyway, my first chore will be removing some of the plastic and installing a recumbent seat, then an appropriate handlebar. Before doing any shell work I want to get a nice riding position established with feet forward. Then I'll get some baseline mileage figures- I'm curious what average speed gets you the published 110 mpg figure.

Sambat 04-30-2011 01:50 PM

JustAndyC post a picture of how it looks once its stripped down of all the plastics if you can so I can see what I got to work with... I have a 2009 Kawasaki 250 Ninja and I believe the posted mpg is around 72 Ive obtained it at 55 -60 mph with slower acceleration and riding lying down over the gas tank, i ride 40 miles to school and 40 back on rural highway so i really want a PCX

BHarvey 04-30-2011 03:03 PM

Been thinking of building a streamliner to try and get a minimum of 100 mpg, but would prefer 200 mpg. Talked to a friend about putting another neutral in the box for highway p&g.

I do know my bike won't coast anywhere near as good as my car.

JustAndyC 05-16-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambat (Post 235240)
JustAndyC post a picture of how it looks once its stripped down of all the plastics if you can so I can see what I got to work with... I have a 2009 Kawasaki 250 Ninja and I believe the posted mpg is around 72 Ive obtained it at 55 -60 mph with slower acceleration and riding lying down over the gas tank, i ride 40 miles to school and 40 back on rural highway so i really want a PCX

Will do, as soon as I have some free time. Important time diversions seem to pop up limiting my fun-time with this project. Craig has shipped the shells (waiting on UPS). As soon as those come in I'll -make- time to take pictures. Hope to see some from you too! btw, I got the factory service manuals (common & model specific) for the pcx if you end up getting one.