EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   Viper Cell Fuel Vapor Pressure Enhancers (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/viper-cell-fuel-vapor-pressure-enhancers-17876.html)

OokiiMamoru 06-19-2011 10:02 PM

Viper Cell Fuel Vapor Pressure Enhancers

YAU

This one is rich, even has a local government installing them after testing three units out.

Claims the process inside the enhancer is secret, but we all know whats inside it.

Works, supposedly on increasing the Reid Vapor Pressure.

Here is the local news story...

Inventor Promises Anti-Gas Guzzling Gadget - Atlanta Gas Prices News Story - WSB Atlanta

Here is the company web site.

Viper Cell Fuel Vapor Pressure Enhancer

Enjoy the viper oil sales pitch. We all know how the Unicorns love their snake oil seasoning.

BLSTIC 06-29-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OokiiMamoru (Post 246047)
Claims the process inside the enhancer is secret, but we all know whats inside it.

Care to explain?

OokiiMamoru 07-01-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by OokiiMamoru View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLSTIC (Post 247484)
Care to explain?

Given the thread location and total sarcasm of my post.... :confused: Compressed Snake Oil, Lined with Unicorn Horn, etc........ :)

If things where this simply, why not just role out cars with the Reid Vapor Pressure all ready increased. :confused:

I'll keep an open mind, should NAPA say the thing actually works, which I doubt. Given the history of other devices that are attached or bolted on, I'll side with the Unicorn Theory, and Snake Oil sales man.:D

markweatherill 07-01-2011 09:57 AM

'The device builds pressure in the fuel line to shoot the gas into the engine in smaller particles with greater force. ' (from the news story link)

So it's a fuel line restrictor, I guess. Hope nobody using one of these needs to perform an emergency maneouvre or overtake and finds they get a cough and splutter instead of full throttle.

BLSTIC 07-01-2011 10:45 AM

I have heard of some people installing smaller, better atomising injectors on cars and raising fuel pressure to compensate for top end loss, and it apparently gives better results. But odds-on it was on an early EFI car with injectors that, although better than carbies, hardly atomised properly when new.

Incedentally even if the device DID raise the vapor pressure, on most efi systems (anything with a return line) it would also raise the vapor pressure of the fuel in the tank, raising evaporative emissions. I just want to know how they claim to do it...

OokiiMamoru 07-01-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markweatherill (Post 247854)
'The device builds pressure in the fuel line to shoot the gas into the engine in smaller particles with greater force. ' (from the news story link)

So it's a fuel line restrictor, I guess. Hope nobody using one of these needs to perform an emergency maneouvre or overtake and finds they get a cough and splutter instead of full throttle.

Well, if the police cruiser portion of this story can be believed, not an issue. Unless the cruisers only do just that...