EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   DIY / How-to (https://ecomodder.com/forum/diy-how.html)
-   -   Vortex Plans (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/vortex-plans-6948.html)

The Atomic Ass 01-30-2009 10:32 PM

Vortex Plans

Has anyone bought a set of these plans and would perhaps like to sell 'em on? I'd like to get 'em but I'm not quite sure about forking over $90 for 'em.

Nden 01-31-2009 02:37 AM

Just don't get a tornado or vornado for the intake tube, it has fixed blades. i tried it for a month and saw no increase- a slight decrease. Sorry I don't know anybody who's used the vortex. U mean the TB spacer right?

The Atomic Ass 01-31-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nden (Post 85921)
Just don't get a tornado or vornado for the intake tube, it has fixed blades. i tried it for a month and saw no increase- a slight decrease. Sorry I don't know anybody who's used the vortex. U mean the TB spacer right?

No, the plans for the DIY car.

VORTEX Plans-built vehicle

Also, is there a larger version of your avatar? Me likey. :D

anybody15 02-28-2009 01:54 PM

vortex plans

Would you be interested in a used set for $45?
Interesting vehicle -LOTS of work.

Cheers

Stephen

fultondp 03-06-2009 04:26 PM

Try the yahoo group

one of these guys might be interested.

vortex3wheeler : The Vortex and other 3 Wheelers Group

Darren

chembustion 03-14-2009 02:29 PM

90 Bucks? For what Google knows?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Atomic Ass (Post 85898)
Has anyone bought a set of these plans and would perhaps like to sell 'em on? I'd like to get 'em but I'm not quite sure about forking over $90 for 'em.

Hi, A.A. !
From what I've seen & read, this looks like a clever coffin! How small it are! It would hide in traffic very well. At least on a bike you'd be sitting up
(but still vulnerable) where you'd be seen ... to those who bother to look!
Just MHO, of course. -CHEM.

The Atomic Ass 03-30-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chembustion (Post 92670)
Hi, A.A. !
From what I've seen & read, this looks like a clever coffin! How small it are! It would hide in traffic very well. At least on a bike you'd be sitting up
(but still vulnerable) where you'd be seen ... to those who bother to look!
Just MHO, of course. -CHEM.

That's what rear view mirrors and 3 foot long pneumatic train horns are for. :thumbup: :D

The Atomic Ass 03-30-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anybody15 (Post 90129)
Would you be interested in a used set for $45?
Interesting vehicle -LOTS of work.

Cheers

Stephen

PM sent. :thumbup:

The Atomic Ass 06-24-2009 01:49 PM

Well, I'm bumping this, I haven't heard from Stephen, so I'm still looking for a set of plans.

jerryd 06-24-2009 02:30 PM

Hi AA,
I'm a member of the Vortex3wheeler group and it's probably your best bet. Steve has always been rather slow.
If you were to do 1 I'd suggest converting it to all wood/epoxy instead of the foam/FG shaping used as it will cut labor by 50-75%.

Southcross 06-24-2009 03:20 PM

what I don't see??? what kind of nightmare would it be to get it certified as road worthy in your state/municipality? If you can't get it certified, you can't get plates for it, which means you can't legally drive it on any US roads.

fultondp 06-24-2009 03:52 PM

road worthy?

It's pretty easy to certify, as long as you have receipts for all the major components. It's 3 wheels, so is qualified as a motorcycle, not a car. So you may have to have a center headlight that is on continuously, 1 mirror on the left, turn signals and brake light. Some regions also require a kill switch. You can get your local requirements from the DMV.

They require receipts for all the major bits to make sure it is not made of stolen parts. Some builders will use the stamped tubing from the source bike and matching motor in the project so the can call it a "custom modified" whatever.

Darren

Southcross 06-24-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fultondp (Post 111937)
It's 3 wheels, so is qualified as a motorcycle, not a car.

ahhhh.... hahaha... ok, nevermind, that point wasn't crossing my mind

evolutionmovement 06-24-2009 05:06 PM

I think insurance would be the bigger problem unless it's just listed as "custom motorcycle". I had enough trouble talking to an insurance clown about a Lamborghini Espada because he couldn't find data on it, never mind a scratch-built vehicle.

The Atomic Ass 06-24-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southcross (Post 111932)
what I don't see??? what kind of nightmare would it be to get it certified as road worthy in your state/municipality? If you can't get it certified, you can't get plates for it, which means you can't legally drive it on any US roads.

I've swapped plates from non-running cars before... :D

Southcross 06-24-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Atomic Ass (Post 111962)
I've swapped plates from non-running cars before... :D

haha... ya same here... especially when you have more than one of the same make/model, makes it super easy LOL

The Atomic Ass 11-10-2009 01:04 PM

Little bit of Bumpage here. I never heard back from the PM I sent Stephen, so I'm still on the hunt for some Vortex plan sheets.

I'm getting seriously into the idea of building an electric car now.