EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   voxelman's "hello" (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/voxelmans-hello-479.html)

voxelman 12-31-2007 10:41 PM

voxelman's "hello"

OBTW, I just found this site yesterday as a result of the Digg post about the extreme Honda ecomod. I'm really enjoying reading all of the threads. I'm a tech type with some mechanical, electronic and optical design experience. Most of my work has been as a scientific and medical image processing software test engineer. My studies were in civil engineering but I didn't get the degree. Been into cars since my first car an AH Sprite. Current wheels are a trusty old 1991 Honda Accord EX with 150,000 miles. Looking forward to many hours of interesting reading.

MetroMPG 12-31-2007 10:58 PM

(Hope you don't mind I moved your post to the Intro forum...)

Happy to have you here.

I take it you also live roughly on my part of the planet, from your snow & 2 weeks ago ice storm comments in the vortex generator thread.

And you're the second EM member that I know of with an affliction ... I mean affection for old Healeys. :)

SVOboy 12-31-2007 11:03 PM

Welcome to the site! Nice to have you around.

:turtle:

bestmapman 12-31-2007 11:03 PM

Another person not out partying tonight? LOL

Welcome, I am new here too.

voxelman 01-01-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 3613)
(Hope you don't mind I moved your post to the Intro forum...)

Happy to have you here.

I take it you also live roughly on my part of the planet, from your snow & 2 weeks ago ice storm comments in the vortex generator thread.

And you're the second EM member that I know of with an affliction ... I mean affection for old Healeys. :)

Sorry, it was "off topic" in the other thread but it seemed appropriate after I jumped into the discussion.

I live in Fairfield the county seat of Jefferson County in south east Iowa.

I drove the Sprite for about a year until my dad traded it in for a metalic lime green 302 cui Mustang convertable. I didn't mind the change as the Sprite had it's issues (cold weather starting for one) and since Dad used it for his daily 20 mi each way commute to work and back it saved wear and tear on him. But the Sprite surely cemented in me an appreciation for quick, low to the ground sports cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 3614)
Welcome to the site! Nice to have you around.

:turtle:

Thanks SVOboy. I had a high school class mate that played lacrosse for Darmouth in the late 60's named Robert "Bobby" Brannen. He had a real hammer of a corner shot when coming from behind the goal. I look forward to getting set up with a SuperMID.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestmapman (Post 3615)
Another person not out partying tonight? LOL

Welcome, I am new here too.

Hi bestmapman. Since I started the TM technique in '73 late nights and drugs (alcohol or others take your pick) just seem to cloud the awareness. The wife and I still enjoy getting together with friends but the weather is pretty nasty here right now so curling up on the couch together for a movie seemed like a far better choice.

metroschultz 01-01-2008 10:21 AM

Greetings and Salutations. Glad to see you here. I hope these guys,(& maybe me too) can help you as much as they've helped me. Lots of stuff to read, lots of info to be had.

MetroMPG 01-01-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voxelman (Post 3650)
Sorry, it was "off topic" in the other thread but it seemed appropriate after I jumped into the discussion.

No worries. I figured more people would see it here than were following the other thread.