EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Wanted: 80's Rabbit Diesel (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/wanted-80s-rabbit-diesel-7479.html)

junkyard 03-14-2009 06:31 PM

Wanted: 80's Rabbit Diesel

I am looking to buy an 80's VW Rabbit Diesel, live in WI and looking for something within 500 miles or so.

grischa 05-31-2009 09:41 AM

rabbit diesel

hi there
i have a rabbit diesel pickup. it runs, drives, brakes, but needs some attention. 1981, 4 speed. i also have a lot of parts to go with. 5 speed transmission, spare diesel injection pump, a parts truck that is only good for the glass and the dash, tail light, window seals etc. the truck has new timing belt, injectors, glow plugs, fuel filter, front engine seals, washer pump motor, exhaust front to back, good tires. it needs a new battery (i may get that), parking brake cable (i have a brand new one that goes with it, motor mounts (not sure if it needs them, but i have brand new ones. so if you want to change the transmission to the 5 speed, you could do the mounts at the same time). the interior is not great. the body has some rust, but is not falling apart. i have about 2000 $ in to it, but i will take less. need to get rid of it asap. i drove it around like that, but i would consider it a project. for 1500 i will let it go including all parts, parts car, some special tools (dial meter to adjust the pump timing, pump lock pin and little stuff like it), bentley manual and parts catalog. with the 4 speed i got 39 mpg. the 5 speed should to a little better. i am just south of chicago in miller beach. it is a part of gary, but to the east of the city right on the lake. send me a mail if that sounds interesting to you. grischa11@yahoo.com

Ryland 05-31-2009 06:39 PM

I still have my 1981 rabbit for sale as well, it needs brakes, passenger side wheel bearing and the old fuel flushed out, it has a new starter, solid body, solid engine, asking $700 for it.

ashastout 06-29-2009 01:19 PM

Got an 83 rabbit 4 dr hatchback in Madison

I've got an already converted to WVO with a 22 galon veg tank and a collection filter rig to fill the tank while on the road. It's a 1.6 d and it's located in Madison. It needs a new starter and all the cooling system hoses replaced. Otherwise a great little car. I has a re-machined cylinder head, timing belt, resealed injection pump, new water pump...

I'm waiting on a quote to have the starter and hoses replaced at a local shop.

Let me know if you are still interested. And if you'd prefer to pick it up as is

Hyper Hatch 07-20-2009 01:24 AM

83 Rabbit Diesel $500

I just noticed that a friend of mine is selling a old diesel rabbit. It's located in Dubuque, Iowa. So right on the Wisconsin border. I don't really know much about it, but I can say that the seller is a great guy and quite the automotive expert. Here is the link that I found.

TheSamba.com :: VW Classifieds - 83 Rabbit Diesel For Sale