EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Wanted: Interior Passenger Door Latch (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/wanted-interior-passenger-door-latch-2835.html)

SirKeats 06-05-2008 01:47 PM

Wanted: Metro Interior Passenger Door Latch

My passenger side interior door latch for my 89 metro is falling apart... cracked and what not. It's not going to make it much longer.

I don't care what color it is... this is my beater-commuter. I'd not even worry about it, but I carpool with the wife. She wants to be able to get out. LOL

Let me know if you can help!!

SirKeats 06-07-2008 09:44 AM

anyone :)

Coyote X 06-07-2008 12:46 PM

I have a 91 latch here but I am not sure if it will fit your car. Can you get a picture of it? The one I have fits the doors with the side vent built into the door panel.

Just post a pic of it and if it is the same I can mail it to you.

SirKeats 06-08-2008 09:38 AM

thanks coyote!!!

i'm pretty sure it will. my side vents are build in too (though no air comes out of them anymore... LOL).

anyway, i'm away for the weekend but will snap a pic when i get home tonight.

thanks again!

SirKeats 06-09-2008 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's the pic. thanks!

Coyote X 06-09-2008 05:02 PM

Yep I have that kind so give me your info and I'll toss it in the mail to you wed.

SirKeats 06-10-2008 07:59 PM

thanks!!!

so before you send me your valuable part (which i would pay you for obviously) i thought i'd mention that i kind of fixed mine. i mean it's not a perma-fix, but i put a giant fender washer on the screw and now it's held very sungly in place despite the giant crack through the middle. i think it should last a while. i don't want to take you parts from you if i don't really need it so i thought i'd mention this before we move foward.

would you rather hang onto the part for now? i could always ask again later when it breaks. or would you rather just send now and i'll hold until it breaks.

let me know. no rush either. thanks a ton!

Coyote X 06-10-2008 08:46 PM

It doesnt fit my car, the door it came off of is now part of a 93 car so the latches were different. It is just sitting in a huge pile of parts I plan on getting rid of once I get my project done. The only other 91 I have is also a parts car and can't be made legal so it has no need to get fixed up.

I slowly collected a huge pile of metro parts but now most of them don't fit or are not required on my new car so I really have no use for most of it. I mainly plan on keeping a spare set of body panels and drivetrain and get rid of pretty much everything else.

SirKeats 06-11-2008 01:50 AM

Cool. Well thanks then! PM sent w/ addy. Let me know how much I owe ya!

You're awesome Coyote! Thanks again!