EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   What Tire pump do you use? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/what-tire-pump-do-you-use-19727.html)

schwally 12-08-2011 09:56 PM

What Tire pump do you use?

I want to see what people are using to get their tire pressures to a higher psi efficiently. The gas station by our house struggles to get tires to 40 psi in any reasonable time. I know people get upwards of 80-100 psi, so what are you using? I don't want to take 20 minutes filling up my tires locally, I'm willing to by a decent compressor/pump.

Note:icon doesn't make sense, but I liked it

JethroBodine 12-08-2011 10:05 PM

Sears has a Craftsman oil less compressor that works well for me at home( I added a 10 gallon air tank for using air tools at home). I am a Freightliner tech, so I use shop air at work. I also have a jump-pack that has an inverter and compressor that I take with me on the road. All work well for the 60psi that I run in my tires. Some truck stops have an air hose like they have at convenience stores that will pump a LOT faster than their smaller brothers.

schwally 12-08-2011 10:58 PM

Which compressor at sears did you purchase?

Mustang Dave 12-08-2011 11:03 PM

6HP Coleman air compressor with an 80 gallon tank in my garage. Works great for running all my air tools, too. Only takes up about 2.5'X2.5' floor space. Requires a 30 amp 240 volt circuit. IIRC, it cost around $700 at Sam's Club. Money well spent.

FXSTi 12-09-2011 12:00 AM

I use a little Bostich pancake compressor that came packaged with a trim nailer brad nailer and a stapler. I run sidewall max at 51 psi and don't know if it will go much higher very fast.

Kirk

JethroBodine 12-09-2011 06:27 AM

I bought the stand alone compressor, no tank attached. I already had the 10 gallon tank and the pressure regulator from a junk pancake compressor. Sears sells the same compressor already attached to different tanks. I've had mine for 6-7 years.

user removed 12-09-2011 07:34 AM

The same cheap red oil less pancake compressor I bought in 1998 to build the first of two houses. I think it came with a brad nailer as well that I still have. Tools have a tendency to hang around me a long time when they are not in a shop where people can wander around and pick them up. My brother still has his SENCO nail gun he bought in 1980, that sucker is heavy. Many of my tools I bought in 1969 were still at my shop in 1999 SK Wayne made in the USA.

regards
Mech

Ladogaboy 12-10-2011 02:29 AM

I just use the Slime tire pump/compressor that I keep in my trunk. It doesn't too long to pump up to ~50 psi. Then again, I have low-profile tires on large rims, so I might not be pushing too much air.

Ryland 12-10-2011 08:45 AM

Most of the time I just use the gas station as their compressor is set at around 90 PSI and fills tires plenty fast, I haven't found a single gas station that has failed to give me a quick tire fill up, running at 50psi.