EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   What would do? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/what-would-do-15146.html)

hrobinson23 11-12-2010 06:17 PM

What would do?

Car: 1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 V8

Mods
Excel Plus engine treatment
Magnetizer Fuel Line Magnets
Fuel Saver 5000
E3 Plugs
Nitrogen in Tires
VOLO performance chip HHO (not installed and not sure If I will)
The book says 11/14 for my car and I get 13/20. I need more on both ends more so on the city miles. I am going to be doing a lot more driving and I make 30% of what I used too. I have a couple of hundred dollars to spend. I want 20 for city miles. Is this possible? What can I do?:confused:

RobertSmalls 11-12-2010 06:39 PM

Wow, every last one of those things is a "miracle fuel saving device", and pretty much every last one of them does nothing for your fuel economy.

I would spend a little money on an instantaneous mpg computer like the ScanGauge or UltraGauge, then start here: 100+ Hypermiling / ecodriving tips & tactics for better mpg - EcoModder.com

I would put all that crap back on eBay, and save up a few hundred dollars for a set of low rolling resistance tires, some coroplast for the grille, and keep an open mind to upgrading the vehicle to something like a Venture or a Malibu Maxx, as those vehicles can generally do the same job as the Tahoe, but with much higher performance.

And welcome to EcoModder!

Leadfoot 11-12-2010 06:46 PM

Those 5.3L Tahoes take an awfully long time to build up heat in the winter, maybe a block heater would help.

Zerohour 11-12-2010 07:44 PM

Change our the rear differ to a lower gear ratio. Will cost $$$ but it will lower your rpm's on the highway.

UG or SG would help. Keep your foot off the throttle and use your toe!

hrobinson23 11-12-2010 08:23 PM

Hateraid -- the drink of champion haters

My Highway miles are actually down from 25. I own a Scanguage and that is how I know they work. Obviously, the A-rabs :turtle: and Big oil :thumbup:are paying your rent. I got 25mpg highway for 75k miles. I am at 250 total miles. I am sure It will correct itself when I get a major tuneup. I have never replaced my O2 sensor. From Chicago to the Southern Side of Nashville with a quarter tank left (6times)

Vwbeamer 11-13-2010 01:27 AM

As a person of Middle Eastern heritage, I find your post distasteful.

Frank Lee 11-13-2010 01:38 AM

I find the thread hilarious.

Vwbeamer 11-13-2010 01:46 AM

That also....:-)

RobertSmalls 11-13-2010 07:43 AM

He's right, though. I work for a secret task force funded by the Libyan government and Enron, whose objective is to keep the word about fuel rail magnets from getting out. We would have gotten away with it too, were it not for you meddling chimpanzees!

My car gets 72mpg without fuel rail magnets, and with the tires filled with just 80% nitrogen (at higher pressure than what the N2 filling stations dispense). Its design was guided by real science, not infomercials.

Zerohour 11-13-2010 07:52 AM

Other Ideas:

Lowering springs
lower air dam on front bumper
partial grill block

And this one might work for the Tahoe...pull your air filter, and put tape over part of the filter. I have a 5.7L LT1 Caprice, when there was a mouse nest in the air box it slowed the car down considerable IE you can't expend more gas if you can't get the air into the cylinders.