EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   WHere can I get Civic Hatchback CX seats? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/where-can-i-get-civic-hatchback-cx-seats-19033.html)

Joe1234 10-04-2011 02:55 PM

WHere can I get Civic Hatchback CX seats?

92-95 I'd rather have the vynl CX seats than my cloth VX seats.

gone-ot 10-04-2011 04:44 PM

...have you thought about simply having the existing seats "recovered" in vinyl?

...or, getting CX seats from a junk yard and having them "recovered"?

Joe1234 10-04-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 264085)
...have you thought about simply having the existing seats "recovered" in vinyl?

...or, getting CX seats from a junk yard and having them "recovered"?

recovered seats are really crappy, obvious and cost just about as much as used seats of the correct style would. I only found one hatchback in one of the 3 junkyards in my city and it was totally stripped bare. It's a pretty rare car.

Ryland 10-04-2011 09:36 PM

I paid $50 for a full set of matching seats by putting an ad on craigslist.

Joe1234 10-05-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 264114)
I paid $50 for a full set of matching seats by putting an ad on craigslist.

That's not going to work for something so rare. Instead I emailed everyone in every craigslist city that is selling a busted CX offering to buy the seats.

Ryland 10-05-2011 08:48 AM

I got my seats from someone who was still driving the car but "upgraded" to racing seats, they were thrilled to sell them to me because they were otherwise just taking up space in their garage.

Why don't you like the cloth seats?

Joe1234 10-05-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 264161)
I got my seats from someone who was still driving the car but "upgraded" to racing seats, they were thrilled to sell them to me because they were otherwise just taking up space in their garage.

Why don't you like the cloth seats?

Cloth totally sucks compared to vinyl/leather. It grabs and pulls your clothes when you sit down and absorbes years of stench, sweat and whatever else from everyone who's ever driven it. It also can easily get stained and faded. Vinyl looks better and feels better and is cleaner. Cloth is just cheap and dirty. If you've ever owned a vinyl/leather vs a cloth couch you'll know what I mean.

Joe1234 10-09-2011 11:56 PM

Is it possible to buy them new anywhere? Or is there a aftermarket set of seats that look just like the originals? I just found out that not all CX's came with vinyl interiors which makes them even harder to find. The after market stuff normally looks like ricer parts so that's no good.

Ryland 10-10-2011 12:11 AM

Honda Automotive Parts

But personally I would go with an upholstery shop, the stock CX seats are nearly 20 years old and are going to be in rough shape because they don't hold up well at all, at least that is why I would stick with, or switch to cloth seats.

TXwaterdog 10-21-2011 02:12 PM

Agreed, I'd also have them recovered professionally. It will run about $500 or less to get the full set done. I'd also use marine vinyl. I've had good luck with it in the past. It seams to hold its luster and feel longer. I had the front side of my old porche seats covered with color matched vinyl and I couldn't even tell the difference between it and the leather. When my dad had his leather seats recovered with color matched vinyl he had the guy stitch ford into the seats about shoulder height. It looks really good. It also holds up well.

Good luck on your project. Oh and btw, pull your back seat and passenger seat for drop off. Then drop off the car for just your drivers seat and install. This way your out only one day and not two for recovering the seats.