Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Corsi - '04 Opel Corsa
90 day: 45.32 mpg (US)
How to fix Mercedes W201 180 fuel pump controller (so called relay)

Hi there,
Some time ago I had an opportunity to tinker a bit around my friends Mercedes, he had problems with fuel pomp and it turned out that the problem is in "fuel pomp relay". I opened it up and found out a problem which is really easy to fix. I would like to share this solution. I know it's not directly connected with ecodriving and ecomodding, but i think that saving some money on a new relay is also worth to mention.
Here it is electronics engineering notes: How to fix Mercedes W201 180 fuel pump controller (so called relay)
feel free to comment
regards

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Its my limited experience with the bosch rotary pumps like the VWs used is that they have 2 pumps, a vein like pump to move fuel into it, then the piston style with wobble plate to get the higher psi for the injectors.

In many cases when they are parked the vein pump gets are crappy and clogged up from the wax/gel of diesel fuel making it impossible to move fuel from the tank. Just install inline a fuel transfer pump and it will run again for 30 bucks, a piece of wire and some time.

Reply  Post New Thread