EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Who wants to play whats it worth (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/who-wants-play-whats-worth-17824.html)

slojam 06-13-2011 10:25 PM

Who wants to play whats it worth

I purchased my 2005 Civic HX just a couple months ago when I was driving almost 100 miles a day round trip. Now I have a new job that is much much closer to where I live and am not in need of the mpg anymore. If I have "negative" equity in the car then I would just keep it for a while, but if people are still in the mood to pay a bit more for a high mpg vehicle then I would love to part with it.

So back to the title. What is a silver 2005 civic HX automatic with under 50K miles worth in todays market?

Thanks in advance guys.

dcb 06-13-2011 11:03 PM

meh, compare similiar ones on ebay in your area for a quick glimpse of the market. You can also check kelly blue book, it might work for a 2005, but they like to devalue older cars more than the market does.

slojam 06-13-2011 11:14 PM

Finding a HX with low miles to compare to hasn't been an easy task.

dcb 06-13-2011 11:19 PM

your garage entry says HX, is the GX something different?

slojam 06-14-2011 07:05 AM

Nope it is an HX. My mistake.

California98Civic 06-14-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slojam (Post 244989)
I purchased my 2005 Civic HX just a couple months ago when I was driving almost 100 miles a day round trip. Now I have a new job that is much much closer to where I live and am not in need of the mpg anymore. If I have "negative" equity in the car then I would just keep it for a while, but if people are still in the mood to pay a bit more for a high mpg vehicle then I would love to part with it.

So back to the title. What is a silver 2005 civic HX automatic with under 50K miles worth in todays market?

Thanks in advance guys.

With OPEC declaring it won't increase output, oil futures jumped suddenly last week. We have not seen that at the pump, although I think the price has ceased dropping around here. Unless the Saudis ride to the rescue on their own, as they have at times in the past, I think the predictions of $5 gasoline have a chance of becoming reality, maybe. In that scenario. Sell it later this summer.

Daox 06-14-2011 09:48 AM

Why not just keep the civic? Keep the fuel costs down to a minimum in addition to having a short commute.

usergone 06-14-2011 01:40 PM

Craigslist is the first place I hit when I want to know what something is worth. It is a bit hit-or-miss, but it is a good way to see what's out there.

cleanspeed1 06-14-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slojam (Post 244989)

Thanks in advance guys.

Used car prices are almost comparable to new car, and with the present economic conditions being what they are, you'll get the top end of the range for the car. But you should not give the car up. You have a very desireable vehicle, and if the gas prices go up again, no one is going to buy new.

slojam 06-16-2011 06:32 PM

Thank you for all the responses. :thumbup: