EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Why do YOU like EcoModder.com? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/why-do-you-like-ecomodder-com-13858.html)

Piwoslaw 07-13-2010 07:24 AM

Why do YOU like EcoModder.com?

There is a thread for making EM better (What can we do to make your EcoModder experience better?), but no thread for praising what EM already is. The number of active members is growing, so this is not a boring forum which is going nowhere. Attracting new visitors is easy ("How to use less fuel"), but there must be something that keeps many people here, something that makes them want to come back, something that wakes them up in the middle of the night wondering if there are any new posts.

So what is it? Is it the endless ocean of information, most of which is presented in an easy to digest form? Is it the people who keep the level of discussion way above the internet's average? Is it the Mods who do a great job of discretely cleaning up and oiling the gears, and who are happy to help us in any way (or at least they make us think that;))?

For me it's all of that. I'm spending much more time here than I should, and I still haven't read through all of the threads that interest me. I've found tons of advice that's helped me and that I've passed along to others. I've found opinions here that have help me shape the way I see things, plus all the heated discussions in the Lounge. This is no longer just a forum, it's a community. And that community is US. I've gotten to know some of the members enough to almost think I've met them. And the icing on the cake: Mods that take their job seriously. They are not guys that drop in once every 1-2 weeks to see if the server is still up, as in other sites. They don't eat, they don't sleep, their sole purpose in life is to keep an eye on things 24/7.

Thanks to all of you for making EcoModder what it is:thumbup:

tasdrouille 07-13-2010 07:36 AM

I like it for its people mostly, and for its vast knowledge base.

Daox 07-13-2010 07:40 AM

I like having like minded intelligent people to bounce ideas off of.

SVOboy 07-13-2010 03:36 PM

I like Piwoslaw :p

TheEnemy 07-13-2010 06:40 PM

You guys don't mind if I don't drive the most efficient vehicle arround. (not a bunch of self rightious jerks:D;))

MadisonMPG 07-13-2010 08:33 PM

I like the free coffee and donuts. Oh wait...i don't like this place!!!

:)

wagonman76 07-25-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEnemy (Post 183788)
You guys don't mind if I don't drive the most efficient vehicle arround. (not a bunch of self rightious jerks:D;))

You beat me to it. In other forums, you'd be a nobody if you didn't drive a small engine import. But here people treat you well no matter what you drive.

Plus I like the real information people talk about here. I've never been able to get much of an improvement in FE till I joined here and tried some of the ideas. It's not just snake oil, this stuff works.

The mpguino is an amazing achievement too, and I built a few and they help me a lot. Never would have heard of such a thing had I not joined here.