EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Why electric cars are WORSE than gasoline! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/why-electric-cars-worse-than-gasoline-7464.html)

MazdaMatt 03-13-2009 11:55 AM

Why electric cars are WORSE than gasoline!

Haha... found this discussion on another forum:

Gas Prices Hit Record US High | Gamers With Jobs :mad:

Enjoy.

NiHaoMike 03-13-2009 11:59 AM

I think the solution is more hydroelectric power.

MazdaMatt 03-13-2009 12:02 PM

I was posting that so you could read through and hear all the rock solid reasons why electric cars are going to kill the earth... lots of far-reaching conclusion-jumping going on there... They've managed to convince eachother that burning fuels in power plants for electric generation to power your electric car is 15 times more polluting and energy wasting than just putting gas in your car and burning it.

Bicycle Bob 03-13-2009 12:09 PM

The good hydro sites have already been used, and the glaciers feeding many of them are receeding, so we won't find much more power there. However, the dams provide a great way to store large amounts of power from windmills on windy days to provide power through the calms.

almightybmw 03-13-2009 12:27 PM

There are quite a few dams that can't make enough power during the day on normal static loads, so at night they pump the water back UP into the res, so they have the extra needed pressure for the daytime load. Pretty smart if you ask me, having a recycle feature.

MPaulHolmes 03-14-2009 09:39 AM

Solar

They have a pretty cheap solar setup for charging your car. $995. If you wanted it to charge faster, you would need to spend more like $3000-$4000. That would be for free "gas" for like 40 years. Not a bad deal, and the big batteries that store the extra sun power can last a very long time too (like 20 years). Then it's TRULY ZERO EMISSIONS.

Try that with gas. Hmm... With my new car, I guess I'll get the extra fancy $20,000 feature (transferable to any new car you may get) of the non-polluting free gas for 40 years that is from that secret endless supply that doesn't benefit psycho dictators.

Lots of people would pay that. Why not $3000-$4000 for solar? Limited range? Charging time? Come on Lithium Iron Phosphate! The technonogy is theoretically capable of 90% charge in 1 minute. 200-300 mile range is doable.

Christopher Jordan 03-14-2009 11:55 AM

Humorous! We have a small few doubters of EVs around here- those with louder voices, with lines of "yup!, yup!, yup!, yup! squads lining up. Great link!

roflwaffle 03-15-2009 05:46 PM

My head hurts... At least it's from 2007.

MPaulHolmes 03-16-2009 12:40 AM

It's like the twilight zone. My messages disappeared! Weird!

Christopher Jordan 03-16-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes (Post 92654)

FutureCars is on now; and I cannot figure out if thus is a re-run or newer. They are discussing solar, wind, and a lot of ideas in use now. A lot of discussions on the show before seem to be lengthened and more explanatory.