EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller (https://ecomodder.com/forum/open-revolt-open-source-dc-motor-controller.html)
-   -   Wiki Editor now "on staff"! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/wiki-editor-now-staff-14153.html)

Nevyn 08-08-2010 01:09 AM

Wiki Editor now "on staff"!

So I've taken the job of working on the wiki and getting it smoothed out. I've done a little on the home page for the controller, did I get any info wrong?

I realize some of it I pulled from the FAQ. However, if somebody gets a direct link to the base page, they'll be looking for a quick description before they even click through - so I figured spoon-feeding a paragraph or two would be okay.

MPaulHolmes 08-08-2010 01:56 AM

Looks great! One thing, though is that the components are rated for 200v, but it's not safe to have a battery pack very close to 200v. 144v is probably the safe limit.

sawickm 08-16-2010 09:43 PM

Nevyn,

Please inform us after you have posted to the Wiki the SR controller stuff Paul sent you.

Thanks,

- Mark

Nevyn 08-17-2010 01:13 PM

I shall do so. Tuesday are often my better nights to get some "wiki-ing" done, so hopefully I'll be on it some. I also have some client PCs to repair at home; I'm hoping that it won't take me long to finish it up.

saand 08-17-2010 07:41 PM

Hi Nevyn,
Thanks for your post, until I saw this thread I didn't know a wiki existed, the little wiki link in the title bar seems to have always missed my attention in the past.

I had been looking for something like this to give more detailed info about mods/hypermiling so that we don’t have to search through all the threads for the best info. I also asked a question to the group if they would find it useful and seems to be a bit of interest around so I will be joining you in editing the wiki and making new pages in the next few days.

Its good to see your improving the existing pages. Im hoping yourself and others modify the pages I am soon to set up which will get some more interest in the wiki.

Nevyn 08-18-2010 10:05 PM

I ended up sitting in the hospital all evening with my wife and 3rd child, who was seemingly trying to come out too early. A few meds and everything is normal again.

So, I didn't get wiki time like I expected. Next available time: 05:30 to 07:30 Saturday...

MPaulHolmes 08-18-2010 10:13 PM

NEVYN!!! Don't even worry about it. How many weeks is she along? Sabrina almost gave birth really early, like 24 weeks, but he ended up staying in until 41 weeks. haha. They had to induce. But she was on bed rest for like 3 months. That was horrible. Oops, I hope I'm not depressing you.

Nevyn 08-18-2010 10:16 PM

No worries. Due Oct. 4. Has medical history of issues (not just her, but several generations of...unpleasant...when it comes to that), so the doctor isn't taking chances.

Thankfully, no bed rest order - she'd go crazy!

MPaulHolmes 08-18-2010 10:27 PM

So she's around 33 weeks? All the important stuff has already been developed. (I have the schedule memorized, since I read it every day at the hospital for 3 months) PHEW! That's very very safe territory. 25 weeks is a milestone, 28 weeks, and 32. After like 31 weeks or so they're just mostly putting on fat.

sawickm 08-31-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawickm (Post 189227)
Nevyn,

Please inform us after you have posted to the Wiki the SR controller stuff Paul sent you.

Thanks,

- Mark

Any news about the WIKI update :confused:

Nevyn 09-02-2010 03:12 PM

I managed some spare time to get a little bit of stuff up on it today. I haven't had much chance to work on it. I can send you all the raw files I got from Paul if you'd like; PM me with an email and I'll kick copies over to you.

sawickm 09-03-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevyn (Post 192159)
PM me with an email.

Hi Nevyn,

I sent you an Ecomodder PM. Please read and respond.

Thanks,

-Mark

Nevyn 09-03-2010 03:31 PM

Done. It's tough to find good time in front of a PC with a baby coming, long workdays, and house chores/repair. I do what I can when I can, though!

sawickm 09-10-2010 12:06 PM

Open ReVolt WIKI Updated !!!

I made some updates to the Open ReVolt Wiki.

http://ecomodder.com/wiki/index.php/Open_ReVolt

Give me some feedback on any changes or additions that need to be made.

Enjoy, :D

-Mark