EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   Working on hydrogen kit 60%savings. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/working-hydrogen-kit-60-savings-30558.html)

birk1 11-23-2014 08:52 AM

Working on hydrogen kit 60%savings.
 
Hi, I have been working on a my car with a hydrogen kit and a controller. I have managed to save 32 % fuel. The produseres claim that you can save 60% with hydrogen teknologi? Any one installed a HHO kit before?


Birk

elhigh 11-23-2014 10:22 AM

You may find someone here who has installed such a system, but you will also find that that person is not often taken seriously.

Mods, I smell unicorn.

Hypermiler1995 11-23-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birk1 (Post 456743)
Hi, I have been working on a my car with a hydrogen kit and a controller. I have managed to save 32 % fuel. The produseres claim that you can save 60% with hydrogen teknologi? Any one installed a HHO kit before?


Birk

Thanks for the support, it helps to hear of one with hho working, I'm Working on a cell, trying to figure out how to wire it so it kicks off when the engine in my prius does, most report 25-50%, except for-sale scams who say 100%, I think the farther in the intake the better for mpg, but more likely for efi system to counteract.

Ecky 11-23-2014 02:09 PM

The principle behind HHO is this:

Your engine normally takes gasoline, burns 98-100% of it, and turns it into mechanical energy to turn the tires.

HHO uses electrical energy (which is created at a loss with mechanical energy by the alternator, which drags on the engine and reduces power / fuel economy) to make hydrogen which is fed back into the engine and burned along with gasoline to give you the power back that you've taken from it through the alternator. Taking only the energy contained in the system into account, HHO will always be a loss because you're converting energy back and forth several times at a loss, resulting in a net loss. It's for this reason that HHO inevitably ends up in the unicorn corral.

It's possible you might save a few percent in fuel if you have a very poorly designed engine that just happened to come from the factory better designed to burn a hydrogen mix than pure gasoline (more likely you'd lose a few percent), but you'd need to break the laws of physics to get a 30-60% increase in fuel economy. There simply isn't much you can do to improve the combustion efficiency in something like, say, a Prius engine, and any real improvements in fuel economy will come from reducing weight, improving aerodynamics, or getting rid of other parasitic losses such as friction/rolling resistance. Claims that show improvement with HHO are either poorly collected data, or are exceptions to the rule.

Be very skeptical when reading about these products.

oil pan 4 11-23-2014 05:31 PM

Putting an HHO kit on a prius has to be the worst idea in the history of ideas.

Why not stick with whats proven to work?

Hypermiler1995 11-23-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil pan 4 (Post 456786)
Putting an HHO kit on a prius has to be the worst idea in the history of ideas.

Why not stick with whats proven to work?

If We had stuck with what's proven to work, We would still walk everywhere.

Frank Lee 11-23-2014 06:39 PM

Well HHO has been proven countless times to NOT work out on the street. OP should search here for the numerous existing HHO debates if he wants to save himself a lot of grief here and in his garage.

user removed 11-23-2014 10:22 PM

Atomic weight of oxygen = 15.999
Atomic weight of 2 hydrogen molecules = 2.016

So you have a total atomic weight of just over 18, of which only 11% is actually capable of producing energy. Oxygen, being an oxidizer, has no energy potential.

A liter of HHO has the same potential energy as 1.5 wooden matches. Try running your car on that level of energy, even a liter per second would not even come close.

Thats 3600 liters an hour.

regards
mech

moonmonkey 11-23-2014 10:48 PM

hypermiler these guys are correct. you will fail to acheive any positive effects. more energy is expended than you get back. the idea is that a certain pulse pattern of current and frequency is somehow magical! (browns gas) . it does not exist ,no magic pulse pattern or modulated signal is going to make it work. (i wish it could) . ive repaired a few of these kits for people who have burned up their outputs .trying to get them to work. have fun and be carful.

Hypermiler1995 11-23-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmonkey (Post 456828)
hypermiler these guys are correct. you will fail to acheive any positive effects. more energy is expended than you get back. the idea is that a certain pulse pattern of current and frequency is somehow magical! (browns gas) . it does not exist ,no magic pulse pattern or modulated signal is going to make it work. (i wish it could) . ive repaired a few of these kits for people who have burned up their outputs .trying to get them to work. have fun and be carful.

I hear what your saying, but how could there be so many positive posts from people who gain nothing from it? please see "a gift to hho sceptics" in the unicorn corral.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com