EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   WTB: 89-91 Civic/CRX Rear Springs (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/wtb-89-91-civic-crx-rear-springs-10757.html)

TomO 10-27-2009 12:08 PM

WTB: 89-91 Civic/CRX Rear Springs
 
Looking to get rear set of 89-91 Civic/CRX stock springs (will take all 4 if you don't want to separate a full set)

No aftermarket springs please, unless they are Tein H-techs.

PM me or reply here. I'm willing to drive far to pick up a set if it's worth it. :thumbup:

TomO 12-15-2009 10:44 AM

UPDATE:
I actually only need the rear springs now. If anyone has them sitting around I'd be happy to take tham off your hands and pay for shipping. Thanks

Ryland 12-15-2009 11:25 AM

I have some '92 civic rear springs... not sure if they will fit or not, they are brand new, bought them for my vx then I sold it, the are oem from the honda dealer, I'm also about an hour from Minneapolis.

Christ 12-15-2009 12:11 PM

The EG springs are about 1.5-2" taller, IIRC. They're a good way to add preload to the existing suspension in 4th gen Civic/CRX's.

I've got the OE springs, somewhere, which are generally used to lower EG chassis Civics approx 2"

TomO 12-15-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 147859)
I have some '92 civic rear springs... not sure if they will fit or not, they are brand new, bought them for my vx then I sold it, the are oem from the honda dealer, I'm also about an hour from Minneapolis.

I'm holding off on 92-95 springs due to the height difference..I'm trying to keep my VX lowered but still ride nice. The preload would kind of counteract my idea here, but not as bad/rough as the Ksports that are still on the back now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 147869)
The EG springs are about 1.5-2" taller, IIRC. They're a good way to add preload to the existing suspension in 4th gen Civic/CRX's.

I've got the OE springs, somewhere, which are generally used to lower EG chassis Civics approx 2"

If you could find them let me know how much you want for them please, thanks Christ.

SVOboy 12-15-2009 03:46 PM

I'm have some OE CRX springs, if ye wantee

TomO 12-15-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 147915)
I'm have some OE CRX springs, if ye wantee

I would be glad to take them off your hands, jsut PM me what you want for them or I could hit you up on AIM.

Christ 12-15-2009 05:06 PM

You should probably get them from Ben, cuz I'ma have to dig to find them. I had them out before to measure for BenNelson's Electro-Metro, but they've since been buried again.

TomO 12-15-2009 05:16 PM

Ok, I will pursue that route first...thanks for letting me know right away.:thumbup:

Christ 12-15-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 147939)
Ok, I will pursue that route first...thanks for letting me know right away.:thumbup:

No problem. If it comes down to it, it will cost about $20 to pack/ship them, I think. They won't quite fit in a medium flat rate, and I can't compress them and package them... for obvious reasons. :thumbup:

TomO 12-16-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 147943)
They won't quite fit in a medium flat rate, and I can't compress them and package them... for obvious reasons. :thumbup:

That would be interesting, lol.

Warning on Package:
"Open with this end facing away from face and anything valuable!"

Open package, and springs fly out ala can of peanut brittle style with worms. :thumbup:

Christ 12-16-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 148136)
That would be interesting, lol.

Warning on Package:
"Open with this end facing away from face and anything valuable!"

Open package, and springs fly out ala can of peanut brittle style with worms. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, I've actually seen improperly mounted coil springs launch about 30 feet out and probably a good 30 feet in the air, finally coming to rest across two power lines, making the town not very happy with my friend.

OT note -

The voltage/amperage in service lines is enough to literally cut a spring in half if contact is made strongly enough. Consequently, the surge will probably kill one or more transformers.

TomO 12-17-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 148214)
Unfortunately, I've actually seen improperly mounted coil springs launch about 30 feet out and probably a good 30 feet in the air, finally coming to rest across two power lines, making the town not very happy with my friend.

OT note -

The voltage/amperage in service lines is enough to literally cut a spring in half if contact is made strongly enough. Consequently, the surge will probably kill one or more transformers.

That would've been a sight to see! :D :eek:


Just an update:
I might have a local guy with the springs I need so my deal with Ben is on hold until I hear back from potential flaker guy (most local guys from the car forums tend to flake out on buying things)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com