EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   WTB Want To Buy Please Help!! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/wtb-want-buy-please-help-19719.html)

TwoBryans 12-08-2011 01:34 PM

WTB Want To Buy Please Help!!

Please email at BryanTurner01@gmail.com and be kind enough to bump
this thread if you look at it.

Looking for an 1992, 1993, 1994 or 1995 EG HB Hatch Back Hatchback.

Cash, No BS buyer that has no problem travelling fot the "right" car.
I have purchased cars all over the country.

Open to many, but here are preferences.

MUST HAVE FUNCTIONING AIR CONDITIONING!

Most preferred(Don't forget, this is not a must, just preferred):

White

Manual Transmission

VX Federal version or California version

Clean

Original paint

Low Miles

Will consider CX too.

Will consider other colors.

Will consider Automatic Transmission.

Will consider any mileage.

Will consider minor rust or car that had prior minor rust as long as
it has been repaired properly.

Will consider all others, but if it has a swap without a/c or never
had a/c, please dont waste my time or yours because I will not be
interested.

If it is not clean or has a crappy repaint or has been wrecked up or
rusted, please don't waste my time.

TwoBryans 01-04-2012 10:15 AM

:DStill looking.

sheepdog 44 01-04-2012 06:03 PM

THIS IS NOT SPAM!

I highly suggest using www.AutoTempest.com

It's the only way i have found to search all of craigslist where you can find rare cars for sale like a CRX HF, or VX. If you select all cities together you get the most recent postings of cars for sale. In addition it has searches of ebay, autotrader etc.

Craigslist has lot of good cars for sale with lower demand than ebay. You do have have locals and people who are specifically looking for these high mpg cars. You put a VX or Geo metro on ebay and prices get inflated and you have people DEMANDING their Metros go for 3k+.

Ive been using it to find an HF or VX within a 250 mile range. If distance or money is no problem you will find "the right car." I'm still looking but maybe i'll just save for a high mileage 1st gen insight. I'm just a forum member who is also looking for the "right" car. Again this is not spam.

sheepdog 44 01-04-2012 06:10 PM

You also have to be savvy about stock engines and identify cars with the vin number. Its hard to find a Crx HF with a stock engine and not molested! Some VX's have engine swaps as well. By and far, a VX is a rare car even on craigslist EXCEPT in California. If you live in California you are so lucky to have so many Hf's and Vx's. EG HB is a VX right?

That and you have to be diligent searching autotempest, good mileage nice looking cars at the right price are gone in days. Goodluck!

Ryland 01-04-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepdog 44 (Post 277906)
That and you have to be diligent searching autotempest, good mileage nice looking cars at the right price are gone in days. Goodluck!

I find that they tend to be gone in a matter of hours, the last one I saw was gone in less then 3 hours.
Best bet is to make sure you know what a stock engine compartment looks like (Vtec valve cover with the spark plugs to the front) small air intake, half size radiator, 5 wire o2 sensor right next to the dip stick.
Then keep searching, if you see one on the street leave a note on it, that is how I bought one of my civics and my parents have bought vehicles that way as well.

user removed 01-04-2012 07:09 PM

CRX HF is virtually unobtanium. I drove one today, seller was asking 2600. Wrong transmission, deceptive about oil consumption, left rear lower control arm mount bent bad enough to break unibody spot welds. Dents all over, seats trashed.

Not rusty though.

Southern states are best where there is little snow, inland from oceans so no salt spray, and stay away from roads that get a lot of salt in the winter.

regards
Mech

sheepdog 44 01-04-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Mechanic (Post 277911)
CRX HF is virtually unobtanium.

Not rusty though.

Southern states are best where there is little snow, inland from oceans so no salt spray, and stay away from roads that get a lot of salt in the winter.

regards
Mech

Impossible indeed.
CRX's in general, even in the northeast tend to have zero rust, be in great condition and have low mileage swapped engines for 1.2-1,500. The only redeeming factor is those teenagers keep Crx bodies in immaculate condition. I believe theyre called Ricers (Racers?) whatever that means.

TwoBryans 01-09-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepdog 44 (Post 277904)
THIS IS NOT SPAM!

I highly suggest using AutoTempest.com - Find your next car... Faster!

It's the only way i have found to search all of craigslist where you can find rare cars for sale like a CRX HF, or VX. If you select all cities together you get the most recent postings of cars for sale. In addition it has searches of ebay, autotrader etc.

Craigslist has lot of good cars for sale with lower demand than ebay. You do have have locals and people who are specifically looking for these high mpg cars. You put a VX or Geo metro on ebay and prices get inflated and you have people DEMANDING their Metros go for 3k+.

Ive been using it to find an HF or VX within a 250 mile range. If distance or money is no problem you will find "the right car." I'm still looking but maybe i'll just save for a high mileage 1st gen insight. I'm just a forum member who is also looking for the "right" car. Again this is not spam.

That site is pretty awesome! While most of those pages I had found on my own, the search function is somewhat different and it definitely has helped me search more thoroughly and faster than before.

Still haven't found the "right" one, but have lots of patience and I know I will find it.

I appreciate any and all help and will gladly pay a finders fee when one comes along that I buy. Have a great day and I thank you all for your help and consideration!:D

TwoBryans 01-20-2012 11:45 AM

Still looking.:D

TwoBryans 03-22-2012 12:44 PM

devlzluv 03-25-2012 12:47 PM

your in richmond area, i just came from there. a good group to go onto is vadriven.com you will find anything import on there, gl with the search

TwoBryans 03-25-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devlzluv (Post 295588)
your in richmond area, i just came from there. a good group to go onto is vadriven.com you will find anything import on there, gl with the search

Actually, I did initiate a thread there 14 minutes after I initiated one here. Not much stock stuff going on there. Most is modded and about the only thing I have received from there have been offers on cars that have been swapped and have no ac. I really appreciate you taking the time to try to help, but I have already been down that road with no success. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you run across any other sites that might help or better yet, run across a clean, white, stock, low mile VX. Thanks!!:D

TwoBryans 04-06-2012 11:44 AM

TwoBryans 07-09-2012 03:05 PM

Still looking!:D

TwoBryans 07-30-2012 11:59 AM

Still Looking.:D

euromodder 07-30-2012 12:22 PM

Seems like you're looking for a white raven. ;)

Good luck with the hunt though - one day one will turn up at the right price.

TwoBryans 07-30-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euromodder (Post 319348)
Seems like you're looking for a white raven. ;)

Good luck with the hunt though - one day one will turn up at the right price.

I appreciate it! Just requires patience.:D

sheepdog 44 07-30-2012 06:23 PM

Why exactly do you want a VX?

If it's to save gas there are better options in the same price range. The sooner you get a high mpg car the more you save over whatever you drive now.

Remember that model will be aproaching on being 20 years old now. There are some compromises you can make by working with a really good body VX, dropping a low mileage engine and transmission in (which i think would be easier to find), and painting it white.

If you find what you're looking for, you'll probably end up paying much more than it's worth in value. Adding on sentimentality, rarity, and "i knows what i gots" to the price.

darrylrobida 12-16-2012 05:19 PM

I have an 89 crx hf 130K miles, 5 speed, a/c, CA car NO rust. Willing to sell cheap
Darryl 805-598-1730 It was hit on the front. Needs hood and headlamps.